Pt.18

Chaeyoung ran up the street coming to the lonely street where she saw the advertisement two years ago. She turned to face the phone pole but there was nothing there.

No remnant left to show that Mina was there or had been there. Chaeyoung felt her forehead and shook her head. No, this couldn't be happening, not after two fucking years.

How and why had Mina just suddenly appeared out of nowhere now? Was she in Seoul this whole time? Chaeyoung leaned against the phone pole and closed her eyes.

She was just moving on...so why now? Why now when her heart was just now starting to beat truly for Tzuyu? She bit the inside of her cheek and panted. This new realization hit so heavily that she couldn't comprehend it all at once and almost not at all.

Myoui Mina...that enigmatic woman was back in her life. Well was she really? Or was she just passing through like a fleeting moment? A fleeting moment just like before...disappearing and yet Chaeyoung chased her.

Should she chase her once more? Was it too late? Too late because she already had a woman in her bed?

Chaeyoung opened her eyes and looked around. What was she expecting, that Mina would appear before her again? She gulped, the saliva burning her throat due to the lump in her throat.

She had to return back to work, no matter how frustrating and confusing all of this was. It must've been too late. It had to be. It...had to be.

She trudged down the street back to the shop, swearing to herself that she was going to forget about Mina before she entered the shop. Was that true though?

-----------------------------------

      Mina let out a breath, almost panting as she reached Sana's door. She couldn't bring herself to knock or even to move forward to the door. She just stood in the stoned path trying to comprehend all that had happened. She saw Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung....sweet Chaeyoung.

'She changed her hair color. It's blonde now.' Mina thought. She could clearly see the image that was engraved in her head of the young woman. She was still oh so beautiful as Mina had seen her last. Some things never change.

Mina fluttered her eyes and gulped. Why...why now of all times? Why now when she was being so successful and free of distractions? Was it fate? She hated fate. Fate had no business meddling with her personal life like that, bringing back forth someone from her past like that. How dare Fate pluck at her heart strings like that.

She clutched her heart and looked towards the ground. All these memories came flooding her mind. The recollection of how they had met had crossed her mind instantly. How it was a day like this when she saw Chaeyoung hand out fliers at her shop.

She had worn her red turtleneck top tucked nicely into her skinny jeans. She wore her expensive double breasted coat due to the chilly weather. She looked like a million bucks and that was the point.

She herself noticed Chaeyoung, wearing brown overalls and a white shirt while sporting a cute apron over them. She definitely looked like a shop worker. Cute and approachable unlike Mina. Two different people from two different worlds and yet they seemed to notice one another. It was magic all in itself.

"Mina?" A voice said. Mina was too obsorbed in the memories and the thoughts within her reckless mind. She hadn't realized how long she was outside. Soft hands touched her cheeks. Such warm hands that felt so familiar.

Mina slowly snapped out of her daze, looking into the eyes of Minatozaki Sana. She was met with such longing in those brown eyes, a warm smile on her face as she looked at Mina. Her sweet Sana. "Sana." Mina breathed out. Sana grinned, bearing her teeth.

"Mina-chan. Hello." Sana said sweetly. She leaned in and kissed Mina sweetly on her cheek, a lingering kiss indeed. This kiss felt warm and welcoming. She felt Sana hug her tightly in which she accepted the embrace, melting into her arms as Sana held her. Mina nuzzled her face in the crook of Sana's neck. A new scent. And yet this woman was still the same, her big sister, her comforter. She missed her dearly.