Pt.14

*Two weeks later*  

      "You're day dreaming again." Jeongyeon reminded the young worker standing outside of the shop. "Oh, right. Sorry." Chaeyoung said and cleared her throat. "What's on your mind oh young one?" Jeongyeon asked as they handed out fliers.

"I went on a trip recently with some friends. With..." Chaeyoung's voice trailed off. "A significant other perhaps?" Jeongyeon asked. Chaeyoung frowned. Mina wasn't that. She never was that was she? What was Mina? Oh right...a rent girl. And her heart was only for rent. It wasn't fair.

"Some....other friends. Um, one of my friend's had started to catch feelings for this other friend but this other friend...they don't....they don't like them back. But this friend doesn't understand why. Why won't the other friend like this friend? It may be too soon but...you don't get a say when and how soon you fall in love right? So why couldn't the other friend accept that the other friend is indeed in love with them? Now this friend is confused and doesn't know what to do since the other friend doesn't want to talk to them or have anything to do with them anymore. So what now? They spend endless nights laying awake, but they dream with their eyes open, gazing into the darkest abyss of what could be." Chaeyoung said and let out a sigh.

"Sounds like teenage drama. And teenage drama is shit." Jeongyeon said bluntly. Chaeyoung frowned even more.

"You don't get it! I cant sleep! And Mina probably goes to sleep under the stars with no repercussions. She probably sleeps like an angel and I...I'm recklessly sobbing into the night. Boss, why does love sound so good but hurts so bad?" Chaeyoung asked. Jeongyeon sighed and bowed to the passing pedestrians before dragging Chaeyoung into the shop.

"How long has it been since you last talked to this Mina girl?" Jeongyeon asked. Chaeyoung frowned. "Two weeks. She's been hating me for two weeks." Chaeyoung said. "And you know this how?" Jeongyeon asked as she leaned agaisnt the counter.

"I don't know! She just...she ignored me on the jet. She hurried away with Sana after we landed and she hasn't answered any of my messages through text. She just...hates me. She said she couldn't love me. And I asked her if she couldn't or wouldn't. And yet she never really answered." Chaeyoung said in frustration.

"Quit pushing her to love you mate." Jeongyeon said abruptly. "What?" Chaeyoung asked. Jeongyeon sighed.

"My fiance Im Nayeon. You know her. For a long time our relationship was like how you described yours. I grew desperate for her attention, a sign, any god damn sign. But I was trying too hard and it felt like shit. Then I realized, if Nayeon wanted me and she was serious about it, she'd pull me. This is a push and pull situation. You must push Mina away for her to pull you back. If she really wants you then she'll do so. She'll come back. So don't push her to pull you. Just push her and walk away. She'll come back when she knows what she wants." Jeongyeon said.

Chaeyoung was silent as she listened to Jeongyeon's advice. She had been pulling Mina for too long. It was time to simply push. Chaeyoung nodded and grabbed the fliers again when a figure walked into the shop.

"Jeongyeonie!" The woman said with a high pitch voice. Chaeyoung watched the interaction as her boss made a face as if to be disgusted by the woman's aegyo. But there was a glint in her eyes as if she was truly in love and admired her lover's presence. "Kiss me Jeongyeon!" The woman whined.

"Gosh Nayeon, did you brush your front teeth today?" Jeongyeon asked. The woman widened her eyes and raised her fist. "Ya! You want to die?" Nayeon yelled. Chaeyoung smiled and fiddled with the fliers.

"Chaeyoung! It's been a while since I last seen you! Jeongyeon talks about you as to keep me updated from time to time." Nayeon said. "You talk about me?" Chaeyoung asked. "Pfft. I tell her how unreliable you are. Now get back to work." Jeongyeon said. Chaeyoung sighed and went back outside to hand out fliers.