Chapter 4

It was leg day

It was leg day. I've always hated leg day but I was powering through my last set at the leg press machine. Then I went on to do endless squats until my thighs were crying out for help but I couldn't stop, not until I reached my goal as I stood in front of the mirror. That's when I saw the reflection, the only thing that could bring me out of my intense focus. I had to turn around just to make sure I wasn't delirious from the exertion of the workout.

Then I had to get a closer look but my legs barely moved as I crossed over to the other side of the gym. It'd been about a week since our lunch together.

 It'd been about a week since our lunch together

His stroke is deadly, has to be. I just know it. Even if he was horrible in bed, I'd still view it as a win to simply lay besides him.

"Like what you see?" Joe asked without stopping or turning around.

"Uhh, I like it like that, he working that back. I don't know how to act," I sing and he finally paused to face me. He looked flushed and a light, sexy sheen of sweat covered his face and neck. "How long have you been here?"

"About an hour. I saw you when I walked in but you looked like you were grinding hard over there and I didn't want to mess up your flow..."

"And you still ended up doing just that," I laughed. "You're really in here shirtless looking like a gawd. I was planning on staying a little while longer than usual since Bobby is gone but now that I've stopped, I'm done."

"Gone? Where?" Joe asked.

"He has a job interview in New York tomorrow for a sports analyst position on this new show for ESPN," I inform. "He flew out this morning and will be back on Monday."

"Oh, that's great, I guess," Joe replied. "Maybe if he gets this opportunity, he'll change for the better."

"Yeah, if only it was true," I snorted.

Joe raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"I searched Google high and low and there's not even a mention of a new show in development. Then I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt: maybe word of the show is being kept under wraps until they hire the hosts. Still didn't trust it so I went to his side chick's page now that I unblocked her and her birthday is tomorrow and guess where she and her friends are spending the weekend? New York. I'm sure in a few weeks he'll tell me that he didn't get the job and that ESPN decided not to go forward with this alleged show."

"Wow," Joe shook his head.

"Oh and she posted a picture of her arrival and accidentally left his hand in," I chuckled, shoving my phone in his face. "Look at this shit."

"Wait, that's the girl from the diner last week!" he recognized. "I don't get it. So you mean to tell me Bobby puts his hands on you and cheats? You need to show me a pro because all I'm seeing so far is cons."

"Believe it or not, there was once a time a long, long, loooong time ago where the pros actually outweighed the cons," I respond. "Anyway, Bobby's gone and I'm trying to enjoy it but I can't do that if we keep talking about him so...subject change. What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing much. What about you?"

"The same. I'm doing nothing, absolutely nothing and I'm going to enjoy it. No cooking, no catering to, no laying down and pretending like he still turns me on when he gets ready to fuck. Nothing," I smiled.

"Well tomorrow's Friday so if you're still doing nothing, how about you let me take you out and maybe after that we can do something," he smirked.

Yeah, that stroke is nothing to play with and I can see it in his eyes. It's in his voice and the way he looks at me. I have to turn away because I think he can see how much I want him...how much I want him inside of me, all over me, everywhere. The mental stimulation is amazing. My legs felt weak and it wasn't from the workouts.

While I was fantasizing, Joe must've taken my silence and lack of an answer for disapproval and went into damage control mode.

"Look, I'm sorry. While I do want to take you out, maybe that last part was too forward..." he apologized.

"No, forward was me leaning over the armrest and reaching for your zipper," we both laughed at the memory. "You know what, he's been doing whatever he wants to do for the last 2 years, fuck it, I'm about to do the same."

"Well alright then, I'll pick you up at 7."

"I'll be waiting. 609 Oak Street."