Chapter 7

It was the big day and almost time to take flight

It was the big day and almost time to take flight. I was leaving on a Sunday because the trip would be long with 2 stops in between. I already knew my cousins had my back but I had to talk my coworker into covering for me which wasn't hard. Even though I tried to hide it, a few times I came in with visible bruising or they'd hear him yelling through the phone despite it not being on speaker.

My bags were packed but there was one important item I was missing. I hadn't touched it in years so I hope it's still there. I went over to the jewelry box and dug around until I found it.

"What time does your flight leave?" Bobby asked as I rolled my bags into the living room.

"At 9:15..."

"I'll drop you off," he volunteered, grabbing his hat.

"That won't be necessary," I declined. "My ride is already on its way. Should be pulling up any second now," as if on cue, we heard a horn blow outside.

Bobby's eyes darted from me to the door before heading over to it. Sitting in the car was just who I said: my two cousins: Shea and Janine, an old friend from my neighborhood: Pam and a coworker: Teneshia. He visibly relaxed and went around to the trunk. This worried me for a second. I hoped they remembered to bring their bags, it would look hella suspicious if he was greeted with an empty trunk despite 4 women sitting inside. I followed and sighed in relief when the trunk was stuffed.

"You may have to sit the smallest bag in there on your lap because I don't think all of this is going to fit," he said, loading the ones that did.

"Well I guess I'll see you next Monday," I quickly tried to duck into the car but he stopped me, wanting a proper goodbye.

He pulled me in close for a kiss. "Alight, I'll see you and don't worry, I'll handle that."

On the way to the airport, I explained everything to my accomplices. "But the most important thing is staying out of sight. That's not going to be hard for Shea and Janine since they live 2 hours away but Teneshia and Pam?"

"Oh don't worry, you know I took my vacation this week, too," Teneshia said. "I'm flying to California to visit my family."

"I'll stay out of sight too but trust and believe, Bobby ain't coming on that side of town," Pam replied.

We sat in the parking lot for a while, making sure I didn't see Bobby's car circling, trying to spy. Joe flew to the destination from the location of Sunday's WWE live event and I was going to meet him there.

It was a very long flight but well worth it as the plane landed in Bali, Indonesia early Monday morning.