ten

~

WORD COUNT: 2.7k

~

"I have a feeling," Anakin said as Obi-Wan turned back to look at him.

"Yes, we all have those," Obi-Wan said and continued walking out of the Jedi Temple, not noticing Anakin coming to a complete stop.

"No, no, a bad feeling. Gal..." He said in realisation of who the unsettling feeling was directed at. Obi-Wan turned and began walking back over to him.

"Are you sure it's not about your buddy, Palpatine. You know the Council doesn't trust him, Anakin." Obi-Wan was still a little mad for Anakin defending the Chancellor against what the Council had said.

Anakin glared at Obi-Wan, attempting to focus on Gal but the feeling was gone within a matter of seconds. 

"Something's not right..." He looked at Obi-Wan who seemed to be in thought, finally believing Anakin about Gal. "Obi-Wan..." Anakin stepped closer, glancing around to make sure nobody would be within ear shot. "Those dreams I had about my mother- I also seem to be having them about Gal too."

Obi-Wan nodded and inhaled deeply. "Try contacting her ship as well as the Devil Dogs, we'll go from there," he said, the two of them leaving the temple quicker than before.

+

Harley looked at her Master and covered her mouth to muffle her laughter.

Gal turned and looked at her outfit in the cracked and dirty mirror, cringing at the pants that almost went up to her chest. Dolly had given them clothes to wear, and Gal was completely mortified to find that the pants she had to put on were so un-imaginatively tight, they were like nothing she had ever worn before. 

"This is absolutely horrifying," Gal muttered and shook her head before opening the bathroom door to enter. Gal turned the tap on and rinsed her hands before patting her warm and flushed cheeks before drying them with her new shirt. 

"Harley, what did you say the time was?" Gal asked over her shoulder as she pushed her fly-away's down. 

After not getting a reply, Gal poked her head around the doorway and realised the young woman was no longer in the room. She walked over to the bed and proceeded to put on the poncho that Dolly provided; she was extremely thankful it was long enough to hide her lightsaber, because her gut instincts told her that the planet wasn't all too high tech.

"Gal."

Gal looked up at the sound of someone saying her name but was surprised to see no one was in the doorway. She spun around, looking over her shoulder but still couldn't see anyone. Where did that voice come from?

"Be careful, Gal."

Wait... Gal thought, the voice was familiar.

She frowned, her gaze landing on the floor. "Anakin?" She whispered in confusion. Was she just imagining things? Did she just miss him too much? She waited for a few seconds but she never heard his voice again.

Okay, she was just going insane.

"I'm getting old," she muttered to herself and left the room in search of Harley. She eventually found the girl talking with Dolly outside, but instead of joining them, Gal had turned her attention to Dolly's husband, Marty, who was standing in the kitchen with a small silver device in his hands, looking at it in confusion.

Feeling around her pocket, after realising that  the small silver item Marty was holding was her com, Gal swore under her breath. She didn't really want to talk to Marty to get it back, he gave her a really bad feeling.