Chapter 14

When I finally woke up, I wasn't in the white room anymore. I was back in the scorch lying on the dirty ground. My body was numb but a good numb. I sat up and looked around. The sun was just rising over the horizon. The gladers were sleeping on the ground around me. There were a dozen or so bodies. Wait, am I dreaming again or is this real? I pinched myself and felt pain. Real I guess. Then I realized something, my face doesn't hurt anymore. I heard someone stirring behind me and I whipped around. Thomas was just sitting up rubbing his shoulder.

"Thomas?" I say. He turns to look at me.

"Zoe! What happened to me? Where are we?" He asks.

"I have no idea, last time I woke up I was in a small room and you were there too." I admit.

"Hm." Is all he said.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"You know that guy with the gun? Yeah, he shot me." He said.

"Oh my god are you ok?"

"Now I am but just a few what days ago I was in horrible pain."

"Oh. Should we wake someone up?" I asked.

"I don't know. What if they just go to sleep?"

"We should just wait until they wake up." I say. He nods his head. I get up and stretch my sore muscles. I jumped up and down a couple of times. Then I remembered something, well someone. Newt. I smiled and looked for him. I found Chuck thank god he was ok, Minho was snoring away still looking a little burnt from the lightning, Frypan, Aris, and finally Newt. I sighed and sat down in front of him. His blonde hair was messed up, his eyes had bags under them, his face still seemed the same, better then when I last saw him in my dream or in real life. I smiled and just stared at him sleeping quiet peacefully. I lied down next to him, not taking my eyes off of him and I just stared at him. I scooted closer to him, so close that our noses were about to touch. I stared at him for at least an hour and half. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Newt." I shook him a little. He started to stir.

"Let me sleep Minho." He said sleepily. I giggled a little.

"Newt wake up." I say. His eyes shoot open and he looks at me.

"Zoe? Is that really you or have I gone bloody crazy?" He asks sitting up.

"I'm pretty sure it's me Newt." I laughed. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me against him in a tight embrace. I laugh and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I thought you were gone." He whispered. I didn't respond I just hugged him even tighter. He pulled back and looked at me. Then our lips crashed together. I smiled in the kiss. When we broke apart, mainly to breathe, we rested our foreheads together. He smiled at me.

"I've missed you." He said.

"Where did I go?"

He shrugged. "We all honestly have no bloody clue. There was this giant thing that came down and these people took you and Tommy and you've been gone for four days."

"Oh what was wrong with me?" I ask.

"Well after the three cranks beat you to a bloody pulp you passed out and didn't wake up until now."

"So I never woke up anytime until now?"

"Yeah. Well you were gone so I don't know if you were awake or not."

"Oh. Wait a second. Who told you the three cranks beat me up?" I ask.

"Jake. He said he tried to help them get them off of you and when we found you guys they had already beaten ya pretty good." He said. I stared at him with disbelief.