჻smithereens

჻ship:roadrat

჻genre:some angst, small fluff

჻word count:1064

჻trigger warnings:physical harm, death, suicide, blood, bruisng

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

Italics are the song

Normal font is the story

Based off the song 'Smithereens' by Twenty One Pilots

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

You know
I've always been collected, calm and chill
And you know
I never look for conflict for the thrill

Jamison was practically bouncing off the walls at the idea of what the day held for them... A happy, joyed smile on his lips as he looked at himself, almost proudly. Jamie stood with hair slicked back, dressed in a tank top with a rainbow on it, regular shorts, and a rainbow bandana...
Pride Festival.
Jamison was startled from his thoughts when he saw his boyfriend appear from their room, a smile spreading happily to his lips as he looked to him. They were both dressed in something rainbow...

This would be the one of best days of their lives.

But if I'm feeling
Someone stepping towards you, can't describe
Just what I'm feeling

Jamison walked hand in hand with his boyfriend, a happy smile printed on his lips as he looked around at the other couples, the people holding one another equipped with colored flags to represent themselves...

They weren't alone.

People cheered as a parade went through the middle of the festival, flags and other things being thrown towards people on the sidelines, which brought nothing but happiness to them.

Why can't it always be like this?

For you, I'd go
Step to a dude much bigger than me
For you, I know
I would get messed up, weigh 153

PROTEST.

Not everybody was fond of... The community.

Not even close to everybody...

But..

Why were they so...

Hostile?

Gasps and whispers spread around the sidelines of the, once lively parade, the scene before them causing their hearts to race.

On the ground laid a boy, bruised, bloody and beaten, anxious breaths leaving him as he felt his body shake.

Why him?

For you
I would get beat to smithereens

There, in a hospital bed, sat Jamison Fawkes, bandaged and bruised, hand held close by Mako.