჻secrecy

჻ship; boombox

჻word count; 2834

჻genre;extremely heavy angst

჻tw; heavy homophobia, suicide

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

Phrases in italics are the song.

Phrases in normal text are the story.

Based off the song 'they don't know about us' by one direction

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

People say we shouldn't be together
We're too young to know about forever

Jamison Fawkes and Lúcio Santos grew up loving their state, they grew up loving the beautiful skies, the beautiful nature...

But the state didn't seem to love them back.

"TEXAS IS AN ANTI-LGBT STATE"

"ANYONE FOUND IN A HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WILL BE FINED"

"TWO MEN FINED FOR HAVING INTERCOURSE"

They loved their state so much... So why did it have to beat them to a pulp just for loving one another?

They were secret... Nobody knew about them.

Their parents were the only people that knew, but nobody else would.. Or could. They couldn't risk the backlash or losing one another... They were close since they were children.. Losing one another could rip either one of them to absolute shreds.

There were people at their school who were out, but.. They received backlash that would crumble Lúcio and Jamie. The two got enough as it is, both amputees, Jamison being a little... All over the place. It would be too much on the two.. They just needed to be there for one another.

And they would be, no matter what.

But I say they don't know what they're talkin' about

Having to hide their relationship would always be harder than they thought... They were quite the affectionate couple, and always had been.. So being completely restricted to being affectionate in their own homes? That got impossible sometimes..

During school, from time to time, they'd sneak off and spend time with one another, often their dates consisted of the two huddled together under blankets, watching movies.

All they cared about is that they at leaat had supportive parents... Though sometimes they were a bit confused on about it all.. It was nice to know they could be themselves around people.

They had friends who were amazing, they knew they wouldn't care.. But the fear of losing them overtook the opportunity to ever tell them, so they kept their mouths shut; though it seemed their friends suspected a relationship from time to time.

Often the two were referred to a married couple, or "lovebirds" by their group of friends, though it's never said in a hurtful manor.