Prologue

The Real World Is Where The Monsters Are.
~Rick Riordan (The lightning thief)

"I- I don't want to be your pawn. I want out. I don't want to care anymore. "

"Percy, do you understand what you are asking?" Poseidon asked.

"Of course, I do! I'm not as dumb as everyone seems to think! Every time I care, someone gets hurt. I, I- I'm scared of myself sometimes. If I care too much and if something were to happen to that person, I'm afraid that I could bring the world to ruin and no one would be able to stop me."

He knew what he was asking. It could be considered selfish, but he was calling quits from demigod life, but he knew, him leaving would be better for them.
As the most powerful demigod of the age, his scent would attract many monsters and his mouth had made him too many enemies than he could count. They would be safer without him.
He couldn't even live with Mom and Paul without putting their lives in danger. Even New Rome wouldn't be safe for him. Monsters followed him everywhere. He had to get away from them all. It was for their own good

"Percy-" Poseidon started,

"I ALMOST KILLED A GODDESS DOWN THERE!" There were gasps of shock around the throne room.

"She was going to kill Annabeth, and I couldn't stop myself. I didn't want to. It felt good. I wouldn't have stopped if it weren't for Annabeth. I didn't want to lose her, and she looked afraid of me."

"What did you do, son?"

"It was Akhlys. Poison. Blood. Ichor. They all have something in common, they're liquids, and I can control all of them."

"That is not possible! Polybotes is considered the Bane of Poseidon because he turns water into poison! Can you control poison?" Zeus' voice had an edge to it when he addressed his sibling.

"You very well know that I can't, Brother."

"Well then. HOW CAN HE DO IT?" Zeus thundered.

"Zeus, we have to deal with this delicately. We are here to reward them not kill them. And it happened in the Pit. You can't judge the boy's actions based on that. That place changes you, and he is half-mortal." Percy had to conceal his shock when Athena came to his rescue and by the looks of it, so did everyone in the throne room.

"I suggest we give the boy what he wants." She said.

Zeus stared at his daughter curiously, knowing she would have something planned.

"Would you accept, Perseus? A chance at a new life? No interference from us. A fresh start. You could become whatever you wanted. It will be your choice. You wouldn't have to care. No fatal flaws. No gods telling you to do jobs for them. A new time, a new life. No one will know you there. No responsibilities." Athena asked.

"Yes." He replied.

"You will be sent 310 years into the past of a mirror world. You can create your life there. And as per your wish, we will not intrude in your life."

Poseidon had gone pale.

"No, you can't send him there!"

"It's fine, dad. It definitely can't be worse than here, "

"No, Percy-"

"It is his choice, brother."

"Then wait!"

Poseidon got up from his throne, shrinking down to normal human height as he approached Percy.

"I'm sorry, this was not the life I wished for you. I should also thank you, we would have lost the wars otherwise."