Chapter 2

Port Royal

1710 C.E.

Will was talking to the governor when he saw them descend the stairs.

Noticing his look, Mr. Swann turns around, "You look stunning, ladies!"

"Thank you, uncle," Annabeth replies, but the older girl takes no heed as she moves towards Will, addressing him,

"Will, it's so good to see you! I had a dream about you last night. About the day we met. Do you remember?"

"I could never forget, Miss Swann."

"Will, how many times must I ask you to call me 'Elizabeth'?"

"At least once more, Miss Swann. As always."

Elizabeth's face falls, hurt by his response. Annabeth immediately notices her cousin's predicament.

"Well said, now there is a-" The governor starts but is interrupted by his niece,

"That is a beautiful sword," she observes,

"Is there anything else that old man you call Master does these days? You are an amazing blacksmith, Will. The gold on the handle, it's so delicate! Would you consider making me one?"

Will reddens at her praise, so does the governor who hadn't realized that Will had crafted the sword.

"Annabeth, a lady should hardly hold a sword!" The governor chastised.

"And I must apologize, Mr. Turner. I hadn't realized that you made the sword."

"Thank you, Governor Swann."

The governor takes the sword and its case and moves towards the carriage, "Good day, Mr. Turner."

Elizabeth ignores Will as she strides past him.

Annabeth lingers as her cousin is helped into the carriage, "Don't mess it up, Will. I'm counting on you," her gaze shifting between him and Elizabeth before she follows her cousin.

"Good day, Annabeth." He says, but the carriage is already moving.

~~~~~

"I should hope the two of you show more decorum in the presence of Commodore Norrington. It is due to his efforts that Port Royal has become civilized."

Annabeth just rolled her eyes.

~~~~~

Elizabeth stood alone at the party, looking pale and perspiring. The heat was getting to her and the dress was just too uncomfortable. Her eyes move around searching for Annabeth but she is nowhere to be found.

Commodore Norrington approaches her, "May I have a moment?" He extends his hand.

She places her hand in his as he leads her away from the party.

The silence between them is uneasy. "You look lovely, Elizabeth."

Elizabeth frowns.

Norrington, noticing her expression, starts to lament, "I apologize if I seem forward, but I must speak my mind. This promotion confirms that I have accomplished the goals I set for myself-"

He was rambling, but Elizabeth could not bring herself to care, "I can't breathe."

Norrington smiles, "I'm a bit nervous myself."

But Elizabeth starts feeling dizzy. She stumbles off the cliff and falls towards the open sea.

Annabeth was standing by the docks, admiring the ships stationed there.