Chapter 3

A/N:

HEY PEOPLE!!! From this chapter forwards, all incidents take place in 1710 C.E. so I won't be mentioning the year anymore.

That's all. Let's proceed with the story :)

Fort Charles, Cell Block, Port Royal

Jack Sparrow hadn't expected to be thrown into the prison for asking, -forcing, the blacksmith's apprentice to sharpen his sword.

Boom.

The sound of a cannon, he recognized that one. The Pearl. It was here.

He rushed to the small window at the side of his cell.

The other prisoners in the adjacent cell were on their feet too.

"The Black Pearl," he whispered.

One of the prisoners spoke, "The Black Pearl? I've heard stories. She's been preying on ships and settlements for near ten years and never leaves any survivors."

"There are many stories about the Black Pearl," Jack agreed.

~~~~~

The Governor's Manor, Port Royal

"Elizabeth! Get up! Take this and go hide." Elizabeth woke up with a gasp.

"What? Annabeth!" It was then that she noticed the short sword in her cousin's hand, "And what are you doing with a blade in your hand? What is going on?!"

The younger girl, dressed in men's clothes, removed the curtains in the room to make a rope, "There is a pirate ship attacking. They would be after the daughter of the Governor, you. It would make sense that you should escape through the window of your bedroom. But you wouldn't be going that way. You should escape through the secret passage through the wardrobe in the next room. It leads to the stables. Stay safe. And be quick about it."

"What about you?" She knew Annabeth could handle herself, Annabeth had learnt sword fighting behind her father's back from Will, but the girl was her younger sister and she couldn't let anything bad befall her.

"I'll be fine. Now go!" Annabeth ordered before she took hold of the rope and jumped out of the window.

There was a loud bang. The loud cries of the townsfolk reached her ears, accompanied by the sound of a door breaking, they were here. Pirates.

Elizabeth rushes out into the hallway, looking over the railings into the foyer.

The butler rushes to stop them but one of the pirates draws a gun and kills him with a single shot.

Elizabeth ducks to look through supporting poles but the movement is noticed by one of the pirates.

"Up there!" One of them said, rushing towards the stairs.

How she wished Annabeth was here with her, if only she had been quicker. There was no way she would be able to reach the passage without them following her, that room was right next to the staircase.

She runs into the room closest to her and locks the door behind her.

"Miss Elizabeth," Estrella, a maid in their household, whispers to her, "Have they come to kidnap you? The Governor's daughter could be a useful bargaining tool."

"Annabeth and I thought so too."

"Where-"

The door creaks as someone slams into it.