Prologue

🌕🌕
.
🌸
.

There is a peculiar type of loneliness that blooms when you are all alone and you don't even have at least one person to love you.

A man was sitting by the lake alone. He took a full swig of the jar in his hand. Beggars can't be choosers they say. But he chose to leave everything tonight. The great Alpha they called him. A man with full power that could turn the whole seven kingdom upside down.

A mateless and loveless werewolf! He scoffed!

This is not a periodic loneliness, it is not a loneliness that creeps up and puts a hand on your shoulder when you're at a royal party without your mate, and you suddenly miss them.

This is not the type of loneliness that washes over you at night when you're alone and your mate is busy taking care of things for you. It's not even the loneliness that manifests when your mate dies, and you are left without their physical presence.

No.

This is a constant loneliness that accompanies your every waking and sleeping hour. It is the loneliness that arrests the blood flowing to and from your heart when you yearn to share your deepest feelings, only to have them buried deep inside you. Because there's no one to listen even when you shout.

It is the loneliness that sees you craving physical contact so much that makes you always jealous of everyone and drift apart from everything.

It is the type of loneliness that, in order to combat it, you try to ignore it. You give away pieces of yourself in silent waiting for someone to turn over your side.

The type of loneliness that make you wish the moon to be your mate. Just because she looks as lonely and as sad as you. Just because she looks like someone who would understand you.

But today is full moon and you yourself know that she's the happiest. She's shining brightly tonight. Looking at her reflection in the lake's water makes you want to feel her. Want her to take you in her embrace and love you endlessly.

It's a ethereal beauty. No one can put it in words. Every full moon when you reach the lake she shines! So bright and blinding. And when you are on rut she'll go hiding giving the world new moon phase.

Rustles and cracklings could be heard. He knows they are here for him. All they want is his downfall. The Thanat lineage was waiting for this moment forever now.

It'll be the downfall of The Great Alpha Kongpob Suthiluk!

He will be caged and trapped with unbreakable magic. Only his mate could break lose. They knew this is the only way. They knew he will never escape because all the fortune tellers predicted the alpha is mateless. And they succeeded.

The moon disappeared.

'Isn't it supposed to be full moon today?' the warriors discussed. Unknown to them the moon needs to save his mate!

Yes the moon was never a goddess but a god!

💫💫💫

A/N
I was inspired by the picture above for this little number. What if moon was never a goddess?!

This is a pre written story. I'll update one chapter per day. Total of five chapters excluding prologue and epilogue. 🥰❤️