THIRTY TWO

A week to go:

Haz's POV:

After a two-hour journey which ended up being three hours and thirty minutes long because of my lil man demanding all types of candies, burger, smoothies and whatnot on the way, I parked the car at the driveway of the small cottage in the Malik's farm. The cottages were cute, cozy and comfortable for Hazzy and I. There were around seven similar cottages and the boys and I were given the choice of staying in the main house or the cottages. We all chose to take up each one; for different but obvious reasons.

I, for one didn't want to risk bumping into the happy and smiling face of Wiwi and decrease my confidence and determination which was boosted by Gem, before she left yesterday

"You know, Haz? I never said anything about your relationship with Zayn because I wasn't ready for opening up some old scars that I have faced in my life. I haven't shared it to anyone; other than Angie, my best friend", she started, sitting next to me on my bed. We had dinner together and mom went to bed straight away and I put Hazzy to sleep. Gemma followed me up to my room to have a talk, since mom and her were leaving tomorrow.

"What's it, Gems? You know if never judge you or anything. Right? You can always talk to me, sis", I encouraged her with a smile.

"You were too young, bro and mom wasn't this open with us always. You'd know that very well", she chuckled without humour. Her eyes seemed distant like she was recollecting some memory. "I met him in college. Mathew. He was the literal nerd with glasses who was always into his books kind of guy. The first day we met was because of our same classes. He started following me ever since and initially, I wasn't into him. I repeatedly denied him, since I was too much into keeping my grades up. He wasn't backing off too. He followed me everywhere like a literal puppy and I remember him saying that he fell in love with me the first time he saw me", she smiled again but it wasn't a happy one. I was more interested now and I wanted to know more. "After months and months of trying, I finally caved in and went out for our first date. He had the determination and fire to make me give in and I liked it. I was pulled in to him by his funny, goofy and dorky attitude which was a total different side of him. The college knew him as the geek but he showed me a very different side of him which was caring, strong and adventurous too. I fell in love with him a little more every day but I didn't realize. Finally after the end of our freshman year, I was ready to admit my feelings to him but I couldn't", she stopped, which kind of intrigued me.