~Promise Me Something~ Chapter 9

A/N: Kaitlin above ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's so nice to meet you all" Kaitlin bowed a little.

"Wonderful!" Mason's mother chirped, feeling extremely delighted to see Kaitlin here "Ana! Come please put another chair for our lovely guest".

I looked at her weirdly, the spare chair was literally an arms reach from Mrs Stone, but still had to call someone to do it for her.

"Oh Kaitlin. You have grown into such a beautiful woman. Last time I saw you was the year 10 formal, with that ugly dude...what was his name? Louis? Lucas...?"

"Luca" She intervened, sitting directly across me. Not surprisingly...

"HEY THERE Jessica. It's so lovely to see you again. My gosh!" Kaitlin exclaimed 'happily'.

"Wow. Tonight's going to be great. It's so good for you to join us at a family dinner Jessica. It's going to be an absolute blast. I'm sure of it" She lowered her voice, piercing daggers at me, yet giving me a small smile which is absolutely fake!

I felt like hiding under the table, hoping the food will swallow me up and not the other way around. I quickly glanced around the room to see Mr Stone's facial reaction which is a mix between shock and confusion. I didn't understand it though. Did he not know what his son gets up to at school? I find it highly doubtful he doesn't know.

"Girlfriend?" Harry questioned for the first time, speaking up.

"Yes dad. I was looking for the right time to tell you" He said holding Kaitlin's hand and shaking it slightly.

"What happened to Allie!?"

"Psh" Kaitlin interrupted "She was so last week. Plus, she pretty much got so bossy and started controlling Mason. She turned into a total bitch with power" She said smoothing her hair down.

Ana walked in, followed by Will holding a small circular plate which was placed in front of me only to reveal...roasted sweet potato with carrot soup, which had two croutons in it. Yum!

"So Kaitlin, darling, what are your plans after school?" Mr Stone questioned genuinely.

"Well. I plan to take a gap year and travel! I mean, five months clearly is not enough of a holiday for us high school students. So yeah, I want to go to China, New Zealand, Africa perhaps a safari tour and then visit America's six flags theme park. I think I deserve that much of a break after such a tough year you know?" She said, slurping her soup quietly.

She then dramatically started coughing like she had just choked on a large d-

'CONTROL YOURSELF' my conscience warned me. 

"Too...mu..ch...sal..t" Kaitlin coughed out.

"ANA" Karen shouted immediately. "Please refill our guests' plate. She is unhappy with the food" Ana, turning slightly pink rushed to the other side of the table and rushing to change the plate of food. An awkward silence fell on us, with Kat seemingly enjoying her food and my mother sipping water.

At this stage I was really curious to see Mason's reaction to all this. Glancing over, he didn't seem to be bothered by anything the bitch was doing or saying. I wonder, if he did feel bad for Ana. I mean, she's been in the household for quite some time as per her loyalty towards the Stone family. I think he should feel sorry for her, or stand up to that bitch...considering he has nothing to lose and she, well; has everything to lose.