~Promise Me Something~ Chapter 10

I was semi dreading Monday morning as it was the start of yet another torturous week in prison. Making my way over to my locker, I opened the combination and checked my timetable:

8:40am: Home room

8:40-9:30am: Religion

9:30am-9:50am: Recess

9:50am-11:30amBusiness Studies x2

11:30am-12:10pm: Mathematics

12:10pm-12:50pm: Lunch

12:50pm-2:20pm: Legal studies x2

2:20pm-3:30pm: Free period

*All M4-M7 have room change to SS3-SS6*

Just as I pulled my business textbook out an envelope fell out. Thinking it was a mistaken identity I flipped it only to see 'Jessica' written in beautiful cursive writing. Looking around, I saw a couple of younger students hanging around, chatting to their friends. Some seniors were buying coffee while other students were taking out books from their lockers. Everyone was minding their own business and no one looked out of place.

Hmm...

It IS addressed to me so it'll be silly if I don't open it right?

Looping my finger underneath the envelope flap I tear it apart just as the bell rings for first period. Home room is really strict even though it takes up only fifteen minutes of the day. Because our school has the fingerprint attendance tracking system, there are no need for manual rolls, but teachers do it in case students tap in then escape the grounds before the gates shut. Plus, important notes had to be given to some students especially since we are getting to the pointy end of the year.

Shoving the note between my business book I rushed to home room just in time to see the teacher walking just a few steps ahead of me. Phew! As Mrs Quale was marking the roll I slipped the note out of my business textbook and opened up the now crumpled paper

Have I mentioned

You have my attention

I can't wait to see

Where fate leads me

-Unknown

Huh? Who is this? I'd say it was Kaitlin and her posse but the 'you have my attention' seems like she is obsessed with me and has a crush on me, which is FAR from that right now. As for Mason, I never and will never have his attention. Then again, attention can be seen negatively too...I mean maybe I am on someone's 'hit' list, which doesn't sound good. In fact, either meaning it in a good or bad way both of them sound scary.

I looked around for any suspicious behaviour, or some kind of give away but no one had any idea about my discovery. I was no detective but sadly, the weird message did not give any indication to at least the tiniest of hints.

Jess. People love messing with you... Maybe it was a prank?

I scrunched the paper up and shoved it into my side pocket. It probably was a prank and it is something I cannot deal with right now. I'll show Faith the cryptic note and maybe we can make something out of it. All lesson I tried focusing on my double last business class forever, but no matter how hard I tried, I had a nagging feeling at the back of my mind.

Good men are hard to find

Leave the worthless ones behind

ILY is my favourite letter

Don't stop. I know you're a go –getter

-Unknown

Maybe Faith might recognise this persons writing...I might have to show her these cryptic love messages I am getting, hopefully I can find the culprit before school ends. However, Faith was at a post celebration party, after winning gold at the swimming event the other week. Although, Windsor Belmore didn't come first in the competition, we still came in third which is an amazing feat; considering the last time we ever made in semis, let alone finals was 2012.