Again

1                                              

When you're happy you find beauty in minute and negligible things in the world. In a single flower that bloom,  a raindrop that fall,  a child who smiles, you could find beauty, happiness. But when you fail to admire the elegance of sunsets and starry skies or you couldn't find beauty in most beautiful things, what does it mean?

The autumn wind was blowing. I opened the windows of my new apartment.An average,nice and cozy living with white and grey paint.I grabbed my black yoga pants and a sports bra to wear.It was too early for a jog but I felt like exploring my new neighborhood, Havoc Los. I hope this is not a stupid place like its name.Before I lock the doors I took my headphone and started to play some music.The music refreshed my body;my past.Everything was awaiting a new beginning, a new life.

I started jogging and closed my eyes.

After I was completely exhausted I took a seat on the bench near the footpath.The bench was empty other than an unwanted baseball bat.The street was cool,nice place and nice air.Maybe nice people too.And I think that there wouldn't be a better place to start a new. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly.
I remembered a quote somewhere I heard,
" In the end we'll all become stories."

Of course other than that  what will all become?  But I wish my story  has a happy ending. How pathetic of me! Because I know well that 'happily ever after" endings are not possible

I heard footsteps around me and suddenly a hand rested on my thigh. I opened my eyes and saw a few drunk men surrounding me.

"Hello darling" A voice came from my left. It was the man whose hands were on my thigh. He was checking me out. Seriously? I thought this place could be the best and the next second some guys are hitting on me! Feeling so irritated, I pulled his hands from my thigh and jumped to my feet.

When I began to walk away I was pulled back by the same hands. Oh come on! I mentally groaned.

"Where are you going babe?" He leaned closer and whispered. I could smell the liquor in his breath.

"Leave me " I snapped.He gripped me tighter. He has pitch black eyes and dark hair.

"What if I don't?" The group of men were laughing and shouting comments at me. I observed my surroundings, there were five men. But neither of them seem to be in their right mind. They were defenseless but one had a bottle of liquor in his hand, and he seem to be the guy that think other than for drinking liquor bottles are useless . So sad!
Five to one. Time consuming but not impossible, I thought. But I always gave them a second chance.

"Get your hands off me asshole" I said directly looking at him. He just laughed.Now it was getting on my nerves.

"Leave me its better for you!" I said giving him one more chance.

"Oh! A feisty little thing are you" he whispered gripping my thigh.

"Don't say I didn't warn you" I said and now it was my turn to smirk. The man seemed to be surprised.

"You are threat-" Before he could finish the sentence I pushed my knee between his legs with much force. He let go off me and winced in pain. His friends were shocked and two of them grabbed my wrists and another two of them my legs.  The man who gripped my thighs earlier came to me, definitely he was in pain but he was also very angry.  He leaned closer to grip my jaws but before that I hit him with my head so hard. He stumbled back and I felt a little dizzy. 

"Bitch!" he screamed. The one who gripped my legs ran to help him and that was all I need. Using my free leg I kicked twice at the man who was gripping my other leg.  He let go of my leg and winced in pain. I did the same with the two of them who were holding my wrists. My kicks were not so hard but since they were not in their right mind, I was free. Without wasting a second I grabbed the unwanted baseball bat from the bench and hit the guys. Unexpectedly one of them grabbed my waist from behind and throw me to the ground. Okay that hurts! I took my pepper spray from the pockets of my yoga pants and sprayed it directly at his eyes. He screamed. I was unsure about them attacking me again because I had pepper spray in one hand and a baseball bat on other.  But they were all groaning from the ground. I also had a cut on my wrist and on my shoulder blade. Nevertheless I managed to escape from there with my new companion- baseball bat. And before I walk away I looked at them and shouted.

" Never play around with me sweethearts!"

Hey Havoc Los, I have made quite an impression,  right?

The wind was gentle and I started walking. My cuts hurt, but nothing compared to my bleeding heart. Life was always easy on me.  And so I never learnt anything. Indeed there were times I always get tired and confused, but always I had a strong support behind. And now I was alone. Alone, but I learnt. Alone but I fought. Alone but I achieved.

Sometimes I often think, is this really what I want? For the past years I was backing away from my life. And now I've changed into someone else that is not even me.I changed my name,switched places often and done quite a few jobs that I never thought would be doing.Waitress to delivery girl, baby sitting to bar tender and much more.I never made friends throughout these years, why risking their lives too? Living a low life alone by observing everything that goes around me is kind of boring.But I have no choice. It's been four years since I held a gun in my hands. And trust me it's killing me. But that was all a long time ago. Now I forget everything or trying to forget. Because I don't wanna experience that pain again.  So I'm living a normal life now.  But from an early age itself I knew a normal life was not meant for me.And one day or another,I'm sure I would go back to my real life where my name bought fear to men. But I'm afraid, not because of the fact that I would be killed but because I would be alone there,alone and broken again.

Author's Note:

Hello guys, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Healed by the Broken. I know it is a short chapter but I'm working on it. So please be patient.

This is my first book and if there are any grammatical mistakes or any confusions in the story you can feel free to point out it. And also please comment your opinions about the story.

Since this is a quarantine period for us I was bored as hell, and I decided to take a shot on writing. I hope you stay safe. Please share and vote. Love you all♥️