20

¤ To Die For (Olafur Arnalds Remix)
Sam Smith ↲

I long for you
Just a touch
Of your hand
You don't leave my mind
Lonely days, I'm feeling
Like a fool for dreaming

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Two weeks passed since the night of Yoongi's reading, and finally, things were starting to look up for Jungkook.

First and most importantly, Juyeon was feeling better. Her doctors modified the dosage of her medication, and after a couple weeks of rest, her energy was returning. There was still a ways to go until she was back to her usual demeanor, though the improvement was remarkable.

Another piece of good news came from Jungkook's father. While he was still off working in a foreign factory, his tireless effort was rewarded with a small promotion. Extra funds began reaching the Jeon household, lessening the strain Jungkook often felt. And, as a result of his father's raise, he no longer had to find a third job after he quit the modeling gig.

Jungkook refused Taehyung's offer to be paid more money. When they first entered into this arrangement, they both agreed upon a certain hourly rate. The younger stood by that number, which was already way too generous, and could not be convinced into taking anything more. Taehyung didn't push, but let him know if anything ever changed, his offer still stood.

Due to the improving circumstances in Jungkook's home life, he also found himself having more free time than ever before.

And that free time was spent with a certain Kim Taehyung.

During the two weeks since Yoongi's event, the two boys went on multiple dates with each other. Jungkook first treated Taehyung to the movies, where he felt like a teenager as they made out in the back row of the theater. The next weekend, Taehyung brought him to a photography exhibit. That was a special experience for Jungkook and he loved having the elder by his side for it.

Small walks around the university campus and quick lunches at a local cafe were also sprinkled in throughout the two weeks. It was like Jungkook and Taehyung couldn't stay away from each other, always needing to be in the other boy's presence. Neither was complaining, though; both were happier than they'd been in a very long time.

And while they spent a lot of time together, nothing majorly physical happened again. Jungkook wanted to prove to Taehyung that he was respectful of his boundaries and was not only into him for his body. He let his actions prove that in addition to his words, never initiating more than a kiss and never touching anything he wasn't given permission to touch.

He realized by now that Taehyung had gone through something . . . He wasn't ignorant. But based on what he knew of the elder, the boy would open up when he was ready. And until that happened, Jungkook continued to have fun learning each and every piece of information he could about him.

One other thing that still didn't change was Jungkook's level of nudity in their private sessions. The most Taehyung let him take off was his shirt, claiming he still needed to master his torso before they moved onto the rest. But Jungkook had seen the drawings; Taehyung had mastered his upper half long ago.

Jungkook wasn't going to taunt him over the matter like he might have when they first met. He knew the elder's hesitation was likely due to his past experiences, and in the effort to build trust, he'd respect Taehyung on this decision as well.

Plus, it was to his benefit that he didn't take his pants off. Just because they weren't doing anything more intimate, it didn't mean the kisses Taehyung stole during their sessions didn't arouse him. And boy, did they. He felt like such a horny teenager all the time - how was he getting hard from mere kisses? - but he found a rare strength to help him practice complete self control.