Special Chapter

1st edit on 30.11.2022

(A/N): I know that I changed some things so it can suit the plot of the story, like how the attack on Altea by Zarkon started. I'm sorry if I made the characters too OOC or anything. I listened to this while I wrote this chapter, I strongly recommend you listen to this while you read the flashback. But I still hope you enjoy~)

It was his birthday, 20 human birthday actually. But he slowly started to lose count of how long he had actually lived. 

(M/n) sat down on the floor, a secret place that he found in the Castle of Lions. It had been approximately 2 years since he joined the paladins and came out to space. 

He slowly stared down at the small cupcake that he made. White, baby blue, and pink colored, the white cream on top with sprinkles that has the same three colors. A single unlighted candle on top of it. 

For a single moment, (M/n) turned back to his original form. (h/l), (h/c) hair coming to his view

He held his left hand close to the candle, longing look in his eyes. The candle was lighted. (M/n) stared at the light quietly, so many unspoken feelings and words slowly suffocating him. 

-flashback-

"NO!! Can't you see how much trouble you caused me?! Can't you just leave me be for a few moments?!!" (M/n) roared, glaring daggers at his fiance. "(M/n)-" 

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL MY NAME! I'M TIRED OF ALL THIS!" He pushed her, he did not mean to push her that hard either, but she stumbled and fell on her bum. 

She could not look up from the ground due to shock. The crown she held in her hands fell to the ground. The small gem in the middle shattering into pieces. 

The male stepped back a few steps before storming out of the room, his dark blue cape disappearing from the corner of the door. The princess broke down to tears. 

The relationship hasn't been the best those days for (M/n) and Allura. She knew he had been busy, all the general duties he had now adding on more everyone expects him to do as the future crown prince of Altea, also the future King of Altea after King Alfor. 

The male had been busy all day and night. Working without any rest these days were turning into a habit. 

Even with all his duties, he still parted his time to be with Allura. She knows that he went to all the meetings that her father requested him. 

She knows that he sometimes spent all night study about the Altean culture on his day offs, so he could spend more time with her after his studies.

The princess reached out, slowly picking up the crown she designed herself. It was a simple design, just like how he liked. It was identical to hers too. Sobs filled the room, the dull night and the faint light from the moon painted the room dull gray and blue. The princess sat there hugging the crown close to herself as Coran stared at her with sad eyes at the doorstep. 

(M/n) walked out of the castle, not caring about how late it was. Too many emotions swirling around, making it hard to think. The endless list of things to do and the heavy weight of the expectations on his shoulders were taking a toll on him. 

It was late at night when he came to visit her, just a few minutes before his birthday. It had been quite long since they last saw each other properly, running from this mission to another.

With the excuse of his birthday, (M/n) thought he could spend a few hours with her. All his birthdays had been loaded with work like normal, this one was no exception. But it did not hold him back from giving up a few hours of sleep to be with her.