I. Intro

(Y/N), a skillful and talented woman who is easily underestimated. Why? You're quirkless, someone without "individuality", making up 20% of the population. No special features, no superhero powers, that's why you had to resort to "superhuman training".

It wasn't always terrible, at least from the very beginning. You were raised by your grandparents, very old fashioned samurais. They trained you from very young, every single day, even before they knew you didn't have a quirk.

Middle school wasn't great, but it's not great for most. While everyone had developed quirks, you were one of the students who didn't have one, making you an easy target for bullies.

Not that they made it that far anyway, you were strong physically and mentally. Beating up anyone who challenged you within a blink, playing dirty and making a mess.

"My quirk is my self confidence, something you won't be able to master in a million years!"

You didn't care that you got sent home for causing a ruckus, but your grandparents would push you harder for causing trouble. You didn't mind much anyway, you rather be training at home then at school. You weren't the only quirkless one in the middle school, a little younger than you was this kid named Midoriya Izuku. He wore a lot of all might fan gear, and people teased him especially the explosive blonde kid.

You didn't like that one bit, you got suspended for lashing at a younger classmen ending the fight with a bloody nose and bruises. Eventually people just assumed you had a quirk from how strong you were, or were straight up afraid of asking. Midoriya was a friend of yours for awhile, until you started high school you went your separate ways.

UA was never an option for you without a quirk, so you went to a regular high school and graduated with regular average grades. Getting a Provisional Hero License was a little tricky since the higher rated hero schools had a better advantage. However, you were flexible and strong enough to slip your way through the exam and adapt to whatever outcome you came across.

It's funny that you needed permission to "fight as a hero with a quirk," when you didn't even have one. You didn't get any letters or recommendations from any agencies, so at one point all of this hero stuff felt pointless. Not being flashy meant you weren't going to get far, constantly underestimated.

In one of your patrols, you encountered a villain. He wasn't powerful or anything but this villain had a slicing quirk, his arms turned to sharp saws. It didn't seem like he knew who you were, not much of a surprise because you weren't well known.

The villain thrusted his sharp arms forward, aiming it at your lower torso. He had been behind you to attempt some sort of sneak attack, but your fast reflexes made your body swing backwards to flip over his shoulders.

"Oh, that was close old man! That could have really hurt me,"

You stretched your shoulders, pressing on your elbows until you heard a satisfying pop. You clearly weren't taking him seriously, and the villain was getting pissed off. Civilians around the area were watching, some of them ran calling for a 'hero', like you weren't one.

"You little bitch! You think you can just make an fool of me?" He hissed running at you once more, for another swing.

Whether it was intentional or not, you leaned over to tie your shoelaces not realizing that he was running forward.. And you headbutt him right in the crotch. A loud screech erupted from the villain, he held his crotch and fell over onto the concrete. You looked over after you finished tying your shoelaces, not really paying attention to what happened.

"Oh sorry dude.. You could put some ice on it."

You were crawling over next to him, with an awkward squat trying to comfort the poor guy. It looked like he was trying to roll away from you, he didn't want to talk to you but you spoke anyway.

"Yeah so.. I really didn't know you were coming at me.. I don't like fighting dirty I'm sorry, we.. we can have a rematch?"

By now this villain was definitely embarrassed to get knocked down like that, he was just laying on the floor face first into the concrete in pain. Like yeah you had a really hard head, but I guess you have a new trump card to use in combat.

Ever since this incident you can't help but feel like you're being constantly targeted, more incidents were happening almost everyday.

One incident in particular stood out to you, it was a humid evening. It was a group of 4 criminals ganging up on you, but this time another hero intervened. You've already knocked down two of them, but some red feathers got involved.

The red feathers instantly knocked down the other 2, you groaned not wanting any heroes to intervene. It's not like you couldn't handle it by yourself, but you were toying with them so I guess from another point of view looked like a struggle. You had been sitting on one of the unconscious bodies crossing your legs, picking at the dirt under your nails.

"Oi! That wasn't necessary Bird Man!" You yelled into the air, you knew that he was around somewhere so he was bound to hear you.

You felt a gust of wind, your hair blowing back and a refreshing breeze rolling on your fresh bruises. It gave you a chill, but it felt relaxing. You put your chin up, giving out a sigh of relief, it felt really nice.

"Ungrateful little brat aren't you?" Hawks was hovering over you, still flapping his wings giving you the breeze that you needed.

"I'm grateful for the breeze Bird Man, I was having fun... Aw well!"

You pulled out a cigarette, offering him one. It had came from the unconscious body you were laying on, it was hanging out of his pocket.

"You smoke Bird Man? You look stressed!"

You were about to light the cigarette, until.. Hawks walked over with his hands in his pockets watching you with a cocky grin.

"Smoking in main streets is prohibited in Japan, you wouldn't want a ticket would you?" Hawks's wings started expanding, it looked like he was trying to intimidate you but it made you laugh instead.

"Haha, I'm not scared of you Bird M-"

"Hawks, my name is Hawks." He interrupted before scratching his chin with his glove.

"Do you even know who I am? Most girls would be swooning by now." He winked at you,

"Not at all, I'm a low ranked hero though. I go by Black Mamba, nice to meet ya," You got up and offered him a handshake, he wasn't going to shake it regardless because there was blood on it. Hawks waved his hands in defense, not trying to initiate the handshake.

"Wow wow, there's a lot of blood there... Low ranked hero huh? I can offer you a job."

He grabbed a business card from his pocket and awkwardly tossed it over. When you caught it some blood got on it obviously, but still legible.

You didn't really deny the offer, but you didn't respond either cause you weren't really sure what you were getting into..

But it doesn't hurt to make some extra money right?