IV. Mamba Gang

There you were, infront of Hawks facility with your busted business attire. You were late because you ran into some trouble as usual. A mixture of the medics taking awhile to pick up the guy at the apartment, and a creep. It's almost as if you attracted crime or something, always getting into something ridiculous or dangerous.

But this time was a little different, it was some weirdo following you around the block. You spoke to the police in the area about it, but they shrugged it off.

"Aren't you a hero?"

So you had to take matters in your own hands. It wasn't super fun confronting a creep who was trying to pounce you, but your taser came in handy.

It didn't take much effort to take him down, but you suspect he hit you with some type of quirk because on the way back to Hawks Agency you felt a little lightheaded.

"Finally you made it, I was starting to think you weren't interested anymore."

Hawks welcomed you into his office, it was very roomy and tidy. The floors were so shiny you saw your messy reflection, it made you a little self conscious.

"Sorry I look like shit, someone was harassing me on the way here." You sighed adjusting your button up top, realizing it was missing a few. Black skirt was ripped a little, and your black heels were scuffed.

"Are you hurt? Ah.. your uh.." He instinctively took off his jacket and covered you with it, it was funny seeing him taking it off so awkwardly cause of his wings. He was definitely trying his hardest not to look at all the skin you were revealing. Your bra was showing, and the skirt split a bit too high, super distracting.

"Okay that's better, you were sh-"

"Your jacket smells like chicken I don't want it,"

Hawks snorted, and used his index finger to point at all the little holes and rips in your outfit.

"Listen I'm just covering you up, I don't need you catching a cold before I offer you a new job.. Now to discuss the job..." he cleared his throat.

"How comfortable are you being bait?" His tone was a lot more serious this time, his golden eyes looking into yours.
Instead of being amazed by his beautiful golden colored eyes, you look disgusted. Nose scrunched up, with your eyebrows pointed upwards.

"HUH?! You know I'm like stronger than you right?" You hissed at him slamming your elbow onto the desk initiating a hand wrestle.

"If anything a bird should be used as bait, I'm a DAMN black mamba,"

Hawks was a little thrown back from how forward you were being but he smirked.

"I know, you were strong enough to be the Mamba gang leader. I don't have any doubts,"

————-
Well how did he know exactly? He may have stalked you a little bit after the highschool incident. You were really sneaky, not really easy to trace but with a little bit more effort someone could easily catch on.

As the leader of the Mamba you would target certain people, specifically "fake" villains. People who did crime for attention, just because they believe hurting people gets their message across, instead of just posting it online or writing a damn book. If you're a bad person just be one, justifying it is ridiculous. It's pretty ironic, delinquents going after fake villains.

There was one incident that went on the news, it was bad enough for the whole gang to disband. Many of them were hospitalized taking on the Hero Killer. But you happened to be the last one standing, you didn't necessarily know about this until one of your friends told you. So you were late to the picture, but you didn't want to take someone on like him.

It was a well fought out sword fight, you were
too fast to catch, and he wasn't able to put a scratch on you. Eventually you started to get tired, and he saw that, he wasn't the type to kill people without a reason so you knew it was a mistake down the line.

"Listen I think there was a misunderstanding, I'm the unannounced leader of this gang—" You tried to explain but he kept fighting, it was pretty annoying because he clearly wasn't listening.

"H-hey! Listen to me!" You started to stumble, your back hitting against the brick wall, nearly reaching your limit.

Hero Killer took another swing, but you managed to knock him to the ground. You rolled over and kicked the knife across the concrete, using your other leg to stomp onto his stomach. You pointed your sword at his neck, it took a few breaths for your hands to stop shaking.

"You got shit in your ears? I'm talking to you, listen to when a woman talks." You hissed, digging the heel deeper into his stomach. He didn't answer, but he was looking right at you.

"Okay good, you're starting to understand me now. I don't want to kill you, so I'm letting you go. In return, leave my gang alone-"

Before you got to finish, you heard police sirens going off. You immediately let the Hero Killed go, not wanting to get arrested or involved in this situation so you escaped...

Hawks happened to have seen the last part of the situation, and called the police. Luckily he did, because it definitely would've turned ugly.
——

"Ah, I see you like putting your nose in other peoples business." Your index finger was now tapping on your forearm in irritation.

"So are you going to tell me about this job offer, or do I have to kick your ass?"