No Other Choice

The team that liberated another area on Earth finally came back after their mission and Hammie was able to witness their battle with the Daikan ruling it. She should be happy and she should feel that way, too. But at the moment, she knew and could feel that it was a little hard thing for her to do.

Stinger hadn't returned yet. And though Hammie was aware of his skills as a warrior, she truly couldn't stop her heart from worrying for that guy. The images from that dream still plagued her. If this continued, it would surely put a toll on her.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping right now?"

Hammie turned to the source of that voice despite feeling startled, only to be surprised to see Lucky approaching. Though he had that usual smile on his face, something else clouded it. At the moment, she knew it was her fault. She made him worry for him again.

"I can't sleep," she answered truthfully and resumed to looking over the Voyagers docked within Orion. To be specific, she was looking at the blank hatch where the Sasori Voyager was supposed to be docked.

"Still worried about Stinger? That's unlikely of you."

Hammie couldn't help frowning at Lucky's words, making her face him who just stopped beside her. "What do you mean by that?"

"I'm talking about the level of worry that you have for Stinger. You may not be saying anything, but most of us can see it. I guess, even Stinger, knowing that guy."

No words came out of her mouth and eyed the empty docking area once more. Has she been really that obvious all this time? Perhaps her dream was to blame for it. It was really making things complicated for her at the moment.

"I don't know what makes you act like that towards Stinger. But at least realize that he's been doing his best to return to us alive and well. He may not show it, but I believe he's doing exactly that," Lucky said that hit a string in her heart.

Or at least, the word "believe" did it.

Nightmares aside, Hammie then guessed that perhaps it was something she lacked ー trust and believe that Stinger would return safe and sound. Worries had truly consumed her that it even buried that in her.

"Yeah... you're right." That nightmare won't happen... as long as I believe that Stinger will come back safe and sound... and alive.

Those short moments of contemplation, however, got interrupted when all of a sudden, the Orion shook terribly that Hammie had to hold tight to the railings.

"What was that?"

Not long after that, their Seiza Blasters beeped.

"Lucky, Hammie, we need you here at the bridge. Now!" Shou Ronpo ordered, making them realize that something did happen.

The two Kyurangers could only look at each other in confusion and worry at the same time. But as they had a job that they needed to do, they might as well comply to the call of their duty as saviors.

xxxxxx

One thing led to another, and the next thing they knew, they went to Earth in the middle of the night to fight off the Daikan attacking Orion while the rest of the Kyurangers were asleep. This time, seven Kyurangers went sent off on a mission to defeat the Daikan. And Hammie was among those seven.

At first, she did show hesitation, for some reason. But a tap on her shoulder, courtesy of Lucky and Spada, immediately dissipated that. With a determined nod, she and the rest of the chosen Kyurangers (Lucky, Spada, Champ, Raptor, Balance and Garu) headed to Earth where the Daikan dared to destroy Orion from below.