You're Still Here

We might not know what lies for us after this. But knowing you're still here with me, that's enough...

xxxxxx

Three more days had passed. Nothing changed about the situation between Stinger and Hammie. The tension didn't become intense as it was when it started, but a barrier could be felt between the two. It was as if they were both discarding each other's existence, at least for a short while when they were together in one room.

Namely, Orion's bridge.

Well, it was the one place in which those two could be seen together since it would appear that they'd do everything to avoid each other. That is, until they finally figured out what was really wrong for their treatment to become strained like this.

Even when Lucky tried to have Stinger and Hammie talk to each other, they would do everything to avoid the chance laid out in front of them.

"Let them be," said Sho Ronpou. "Only the two of them can solve this. Whatever it is, they're the ones who knew the answer."

Even though the dragon was right, Lucky wasn't someone who would sit still and watch two of his friends and teammates act this way. Someone had to do something. And perhaps only Stinger and Hammie could do that.

As it was going on, Hammie couldn't sit still in her room. And she didn't want to go to the pantry, either. At the moment, it felt like she had nowhere to go to clear her mind. Days had passed, and yet nothing could provide her something she could do or use to give her the answer she'd been looking for. All this thinking was draining her energy.

Hammie was walking rather litlessly as she was trying to find a place to stay and clear her mind. Soon after, she found herself stopping in front of the room where the Kyurangers trained to dance before, no thanks to Mr. Pegasus. She smiled at the memory and not long after, she entered the room with the intention of reminiscing that particular time.

But she soon halted to a stop upon sensing that she wasn't the only one in that room. As careful as she could, she slowly approached the railings in order to see who else could possibly be in that room. She took a deep breath as soon as she reached the railings. To her surprise, though, the person who was sitting on the floor with his head bowed down and hands clamped together was none other than Stinger.

The reason why she couldn't get some peace and quiet even after their missions on liberating sectors of Earth.

Once again, Hammie was reminded of her dreams about him dying. Those dreams hadn't disappeared even with all that had happened. It was like mocking her, taunting her of its possibility to occur in real life. With their job as Kyurangers, of course, she was aware of that possibility. But even with that, it was still a scary thought.

She continued watching Stinger bowed down like that. Even from her position, she could tell that something was wrong with Stinger.

I guess he's really bothered about something, Hammie could only think of as she continued watching the said scorpion man from her position. Whether or not he already knew she was there was the least of her concerns at the moment.

Meanwhile, it seemed that Stinger was truly unaware of one other presence in that room where he chose to think and put a stop to the thoughts that had been driving him mad for days now. The nightmares were quite incessant in ruining his sleep and his sanity. But he couldn't find it in him to confide his concerns to anyone at all. They might even think that he was indeed crazy.

Regardless of the fact that the possibility of it actually happening still existed, Stinger was aware of one thing as he clenched his fist.

There's no way I'm going to let that happen. I can't let her die like that.

He took a deep breath this time as he slowly unclenched his fist. He already made a resolve. He just had to do everything to make sure she won't disappear the way his nightmares would dictate. At the moment, Hammie was still existing in everyone's lives.

He just had to let it stay that way in a long time.