Without Any Words

"Even if the time for us to part comes, I want to hold you without any words..." ~Alone, Takimoto Miori

xxxxxx

The interaction that happened between Hammie and Stinger after dealing with the Jark Matter's minions didn't exactly go unnoticed to the rest of the group. In fact, even they sensed that it wasn't just Hammie who was acting weird for a long time. Well, not that long ー but you still get the point.

In any case, that last interaction between the two aforementioned Kyurangers somewhat created a tension within the Orion that the rest didn't know how to handle it. And to think they still had a lot of battles to go on to. So many areas on Earth to liberate to. But how would any of them be able to do that if their teammates won't even talk ー let alone spare a glance ー to each other?

Without anything to do on that particular day, Lucky left the bridge and tried to find Hammie so he could talk to her for a while. He did succeed in finding her in the pantry. But it appeared that she was still miffed about something. And he could tell that it wasn't just about Stinger. When he looked at Spada who was in the kitchen watching Hammie munched her food almost in anger, he saw the chef just shrugged and continued to do more cooking ー probably as his way to escape the tension that Hammie was forming, surely unnoticeable by the space ninja herself.

With a resigned smile, Lucky approached Hammie who was still busy eating.

"Oh? Lucky! Did you also come here to eat? Spada made another delicious meal today," Hammie greeted with her usual smile.

But Lucky didn't say anything. Instead, he just sat on one of the stools opposite to her and continued looking at her, eating. That was when Hammie stopped eating and stared at Lucky in curiosity.

"Is there something wrong?"

Lucky shook his head and just continued watching Hammie chow down her food, slightly less angry this time.

But the space ninja couldn't help feeling uncomfortable being watched like that. So with a deep sigh, she ate the last bit of her food and drank water before facing Lucky.

"Seriously speaking, what do you want, Lucky? It's not like you to watch someone eat with that kind of serious expression on your face," Hammie inquired quite frankly, but her teammate didn't seem to mind.

"I just wanted to know what's wrong between you and Stinger these days. Both of you are acting weird since he saved you from the enemy last time."

The grumpy expression on her face slowly faded at the mention lf Stinger before sighing deeply that even Spada who was in the kitchen had truly found weird.

"If I have the answer to that, I wouldn't be feeling like this. That man is acting as if what he did was just nothing. But whenever I would try to ask him the reason why he was angry that day, he would ignore me. It's like my inquiry didn't matter at all," Hammie explained without looking at anyone.

That was why she didn't notice the serious look on Lucky's face and the frown on that of Spada's as soon as she was done talking.

"That is strange. Besides, I don't even recall you doing something that would anger Stinger, even though he looked angry most of the time," Spada commented.

At that point, it was Lucky who had a frown soon after, along with the recollection of what he had observed on the day Stinger saved Hammie.

He looked... worried. And scared, too. But why? At the moment, he didn't dare voice out any of his thoughts because he wanted to make sure.

Stinger had his reasons of acting strange towards Hammie since that day, Lucky was sure of that. He just have to figure out what.

xxxxxx