nine - i like you too

h.s

The week before Christmas was a very eventful one. Dr. Wembly called us all in again, and gave us the wonderful news that we were going out for Christmas, and my mum sent in some of my possessions. I was extremely happy because inside the little bag, was my iPod, it’s earbuds, a couple proper novels, and a single packet of cigarettes.

The day after the news came, December 22nd,(a/n lol that date is my birthday yolo) Minty Rose and I sneaked onto the roof of the institution. It wasn’t as cold as we expected. We just sat there, looking at London in all it’s snowed in eminence.

“H, where’re you from?” she asked, leaning closer to me for more heat.

“Cheshire,” I answered, “how about you?”

“Lancaster,” she laughed softly.

“That’s a way to go,” I said, laughing aswell.

“Yeah,” she replied.

“I can’t believe we actually got out,” I said, smiling.

“Me neither!” a massive grin spread onto her face, “I mean, I’ve never been eligible to do it.”

“I’ve only been here a month,” I replied, laughing a little, “it hasn’t been as bad as I’d imagine.”

“Thumbs up for misjudgment.” She laughed, and her laugh was just pure gold. Her snow-white hair caught the sun and it had this royal glow to it, the black circles under her eyes had vanished and her two different colored eyes were so bright as they looked into the never-ending view that was London in winter. I decided there that I fancied Minty Rose, I fancied the way she bit her lip. I fancied the way she smiled whenever she saw me, or how she could never sleep. I fancied the way she knew what I was thinking, or how she was so afraid of losing me sometimes. I liked the way she slept, how peaceful she looks when her eyes are closed and her mouth isn’t blabbering on about life. I like how she refuses to read anything fictional, but it’s fictional. Or how she calls me H, instead of Harry. I decided on that roof, that I fancied Minty Anne Rose in all her glory.

“What’re you thinking about?” she asked me after I had been silent for a while.

“You,” I said, and it was true. A blush spread onto her face and I smiled, “I am thinking about you, Minty Rose. And how marvelous you look today.”

“I look marvelous?” One of her eyebrows cocked up, as she looked at me, “marvelous?”

“Absolutely,” I replied, “marvelous, you’re a marvel, Minty Rose. Admirable, beautiful from head to toe.”

She continued to blush vibrantly; “nobody’s ever called me beautiful, H.”

“You’re absolutely, wonderfully, undeniably beautiful, Minty Rose.” I said and she beamed. She smiled that signature Minty Rose smile that only I had the pleasure of witnessing, and it was genuine. Her smile was so genuine that day, it was like the sun, and moon and stars were all hidden behind her smile, making it so bright it could blind you.