Wish

There was never a day that he has not thought of the man beside him. If his thoughts can be made into a book, it'd be more than the entire volume of Encyclopedia and only one name will appear in it.

The person in question is not even of high standards. He's not rich. He's not smart. He's not funny. He doesn't know how to cook. He doesn't even know how make the bed; even separate the whites from colored ones when doing the laundry. He hoards the blanket and can kill someone with the way he flail his arms when turning from sleep. He uses too much toothpaste, cannot return the shampoo bottle from where it came from.

If all the good qualities of this man can be turned into a book, it'd just be a single page leaflet.

And yet, when he looks at the man, he can't help but smile.

He can't help his heart from beating too fast.

He can't help but fall in love more.

Maybe because he doesn't care if this man has a leaflet worth of good qualities. He doesn't care if this man is the ugliest in the eyes of everyone. He doesn't care if no one likes him.

Because he's not looking for someone that can be adored by everyone. He's not looking for someone that can be everyone's favorite.

And even if this man has been favored by all, he still doesn't care.

What matters is how he feels towards this useless, stupid and yet, lovable, good and cute guy.

If his thoughts can be made into a book, it'd be more than the entire volume of Encyclopedia and only one name will appear in it.

Tine Teepakorn