Sofa

"This needs to be changed Wat!" Tine removed the throw pillows as Sarawat stared incredulously.

"What are you talking about? It has been my sofa since I lived alone." He picked up the pillows on the floor and placed them again on the furniture. "This is my favorite." He added.

"What favorite? Can't you see its state?" Tine shrieked, pointing at the offending thing in front of him.

When Sarawat bought the sofa, it was brownish in color, like milk chocolate.

And now, all he could see is darkness.

Maybe they washed it intentionally? Or spilled so much liquid, they couldn't identify anymore if the sofa is still clean or not. Some loose fringes popped out of nowhere too. And when they sit, it just moaned helplessly under them.

It really needed changing.

"No. It's still okay. Look," Sarawat sat and tried to shake the furniture using his butt. He wiggled while looking at Tine.

The other man continued to stare at him with pure annoyance. Sarawat knew when the battle is lost.

Sigh

"Okay fine. Let's buy a new one tomorrow. Is that okay?"

Tine suddenly smiled and nodded. He went back to what he's doing in the kitchen as if nothing happened.

Sarawat should have been used to it specially if Tine's the one that won the argument

Sarawat simply shake his head in adoration. How can this small guy be so cute. He'd forever be amazed.

But to be honest, he really didn't want to change the sofa. Sarawat continued to ponder while holding the throw pillow. It wasn't because he's stingy or lazy or whatever.

He's just a sentimental fool.

This is the only sofa that he and Tine had used ever since. When Tine stayed for the first time in his apartment, when he and Tine rented their first apartment together and until now when they had their own house.

For the past 7 years, this was the only sofa they ever had. They had never once thought of changing it even if they knew that discoloration and smell had started to permeate from the old guy.

"Why are looking so upset huh?" Tine noticed. The man sat beside Sarawat and looked at him.

"..."

"Don't tell me you're having second thoughts of buying a new sofa?!" Tine leaned forward and tried capturing Sarawat's attention.

"..."

Tine huffed. Silence fell while Sarawat was staring nowhere. As always, Tine's the one that cannot hold the silence between them. He's so much better winning while shouting at each other.

"I know why you don't want to dispose this..." Tine whispered. He's answered by silence.

Grrrrr

"Sarawat! Did you hear me?" Tine pulled Sarawat's hands. Sarawat didn't have a choice but to look at him. He used though the most pitiable face he could muster.

Tine sighed again. "Stop being sentimental okay? This is a sofa. I am me. The sofa is leaving..." Tine suddenly blushed when he realized what he almost wanted to say.

Sarawat's eyes grew bigger. He smiled devilishly and leaned forward. "And...?" He asked, leaning closer to the smaller guy's face.

"I...I..." Tine could feel the heat creeping in his ears and neck.

"You're...?" Sarawat continued to get closer. Tine started to pull away until his head hit the armrest.

Trap!

"And you are what, small buffalo?" Sarawat whispered, hands rubbing Tine's sides.

How did he end up laying with Sarawat on top of him?!

"The sofa is leaving but I am not!" Tine closed his eyes and shouted. Sarawat's lips too close in his. He waited for a few seconds, expecting warm lips to touch his own.

Tine abruptly opened his eyes when he heard snickers instead. He angrily stared at Sarawat. "Saraleo! Move away from me! You're heavy!" He complained.

Sarawat dropped his body more and even placed Tine's arms between their chest.

"Alright. You're not leaving me right? Here, you're trap in this sofa."

Tine blushed harder. He looked away and whispered. "You can let go of the sofa because I'm not trap on it."

Sarawat's chest almost burst  to million gold dust upon hearing those sweet words from his lover.

"I am not going anywhere because I am trapped to you."