Until then

There's a story behind every person's life
There's adventure, there's drama
There's comedy, there's sadness
There's romance in each chapter
And our story had been handwritten even before we were born
Our fate designed the thread of love, woven together as soon as we met, and it never wore off as time passed by
Not in this lifetime
Not in the life after
~~~~~~

Sarawat fixed his tie in front of the whole body mirror of their apartment. It was a Friday afternoon; busy time for other people as it was the end of the weekday.

But not for him. He invited Tine to a dinner date as soon as the man got off work. Tine agreed, recommending a family restaurant near his office. Sarawat didn't respond though as he already made plans for them, he'd drive anyway so Tine didn't have much of a choice.

Tonight, he'd make sure that Tine won't have any choice.

He will propose tonight.

Eight years, five months and fifteen days since Tine agreed to be his boyfriend. He could still remember the juice bottle that was handed to him and amidst the drama that preceded, the day still ended magnificently. Sarawat kept the sticky notes attached to the bottle together with the rest of the gifts that he received from his lover. Needless to say, he really became a sentimental fool since Tine became his boyfriend.

Ring ring ring

"Tine...?" Sarawat answered the call. He was ready to leave as he grabbed the car keys and his wallet.

"I'm sorry Sarawat! I won't be coming out of work in a few minutes. I still needed to finish printing some paperworks of the senior lawyers for a court hearing on Monday." A troubled voice spoke on the other line. Sarawat could imagine the other man with panicked expression in his face, mobile tucked behind his ear and shoulder while holding the paperworks that he'd been describing.

"That's okay. I can wait." Sarawat nodded. He slowed down his descend from the stairs as there's no more need for him to be in a hurry.

He heard the relief sigh from Tine. "Thank you! I'd be out as soon as I'm done here. There's a coffee shop on the ground floor of our building, you can wait for me there."

"Yeah, I saw that. Just hurry up okay?"

"Uh!"

Sarawat started the engine and drove to a mall near Tine's office. There's still one stop he needed to do before waiting for his lover.

9:10pm

Sarawat checked his watch for the fiftieth time. He'd been holding into his mobile, waiting for it to ring. The call he'd been waiting for two hours now hadn't come yet. And the person who's supposed to call wasn't picking up his own call either. It's a good thing that the coffeeshop wasn't busy, otherwise, he'd be shaking like a wet cat thrown into the water from all the iced coffee he's obligated to order. The lady in the counter was kind enough to let him stay without raising an eyebrow or forcing him to buy a brownie or chocolate eclair to partner the one coffee he ordered since 7pm.

Sarawat looked at the flowers beside him. The daisies looked withered now from how many times that he picked it up and put down again. He was nervous alright. He planned today's date for almost a week and he didn't want anything to ruin it.

Even if Tine himself was the reason of the delay.

"Sarawat?" Tine's sweaty face greeted him as soon as the clock in his mobile turned 9:45pm. Sarawat looked up and smiled. The impatience earlier had evaporated as soon as he saw the worried look in his lover's face.