Bitter Happiness

Note:: I am dyslexic and I am sorry for the few errors. My betas work on my story editing when they can. thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy the newest chapter!

chapter 10

Izuku never bought up the call or what was said to him. However, he made sure to block the caller after that one call. It had made his blood go cold, and his mind filled with panic, just hearing that voice over the line.

Katsuki kept looking at his mate as he drove. The last few days, Izuku had been much quieter than normal. "Zuku?" he said quietly, causing his omega to jump in his seat and look over.

"Yes, Kacchan?" he said, blinking and still shaking his head to come back to focusing on the critical things here in the car.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "I know the idea of twins has been a big surprise that we had to rework the layout of the new apartment and bookstore. But I hope that is not what is causing this whole mood." He said.

Izuku's eyes doubled in size and widened. "What! Oh no, nothing like that, Kacchan. I am really happy about our babies, and I like the new layout for the apartment. The kids will be able to have their own rooms until we have to buy a house or something." Izuku said quickly, his hands up in an expression of 'I'm sorry, I've been out of it' shake to them.

"Then what?" Katsuki asked, though Izuku just kind of bit his lower lip. Katsuki had learned that was a habit that Izuku did when he was nervous.

"Zuku, my omega...you know you can tell me anything...if it keeps doing this to you, I will use a command on you, and I really don't want to. I want your trust, not for you to obey." Katsuki said in a quiet tone.

Izuku's eyes jerked to him again. "You would go that far," Izuku grumbled in a manner that was kind of sharp, that Katsuki would even say he would do so.

Katsuki's eyebrows popped up in a duh. "If it's fucking with your head and making you all depressed, of course, I will. But as I just said, which you didn't hear, all you got out of my words was that you obey me. I want your trust more than your obedience." Katsuki said, his own voice growing a little grumpy.

Izuku blinked and sat back. "Ugh! Sorry, I didn't hear that part." Izuku squeaked out as he put his face in his hands and groaned.

Katsuki pulled into his parent's driveway. But didn't let Izuku out. "Izuku Bakugou...Deku, talk to me." Katsuki kind of grunted.

Izuku let out a long breath. "My father had called the other day," Izuku said. Katsuki's mouth dropped open, to hear that the alpha he didn't want around, called Izuku.

"He called with a 'how are you, my son?' I really didn't hear much more after that. I hung up and turned my phone off. I don't know how he got my number. I've blocked the bastard in more places." Izuku said quickly.

Katsuki growled, staring out the front windshield. His deep red eyes finally went to Izuku. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" Katsuki grumbled.

"Because I know how you are. You'll go try to find him or something, and it is not about him right now. He only popped up because of the bookshop and my name in the news." Izuku answered. "But today has nothing to do with him or anything else," Izuku said. Katsuki let out another growl. "Kacchan, we find out what genders our babies are today. Let's not worry about it. It was only a taut call." Izuku said. Katsuki shifted and pulled Izuku in for a kiss and then started scenting him. Izuku snorted a giggle. "Stop!" he giggled, finally getting his door open and slipping out of Katsuki's holds, who sighed.

The party was in Katsuki's parent's backyard. So they could do the color smoke bombs for the babies' genders. Katsuki froze as he got out of his side of the car. He realized there were a few extras on the sidewalk watching them. Katsuki sighed again as he came around, putting his arm around Izuku and holding him close. Ground Zero fans were forever going to bug him. He could scent a few omegas that were very close to heat, and there one was on edge. He growled. He couldn't believe they were trying to win him like this. Like standing here with his pregnant mate, he was going to shove him away and run over and fuck them on the sidewalk. Even if being a prime meant that he could have more than one more mate. He didn't want more. He was perfectly happy with his oops mate and satisfied with his 'hah, I was one hell of an alpha who got my male omega pregnant with twins.'