Dungeons

Two months have passed. It snows outside. Today is my birthday, but I haven't told anyone, not even Ying. I don't want parties, or cakes, or gifts. Having Ying is already a gift. I actually never told her when my birthday was, and I hope my mom never told her. I don't want to bother Ying, she doesn't need to do anything just because I have one more year in my short life.

I am feeding Rowdy. He eats like a hungry lion, maybe because he is from the same family. I give him raw pieces of steaks, he loves them.

The small fireplace in our room is lit. It is warm. We are a few days near the Winter Solstice celebrations, so we have a week off. No hard training or reunions, besides, we are closer to find out where the staff might be.

These last weeks of the year are to relax and be together. I was really needing something like this. I've been training so hard.

My habits have been healthier thanks to Ying as well. I eat more varied food but keeping the good bloody meats. I drink less alcohol and drink more water and nectars. I drink a lot of milk during breakfast. Sometimes I add chocolate, sometimes I had coffee, other times I add just honey. My hygiene habits also got better. I take baths once a week, better than not taking them at all.

Sexual life has been quite active too. With all these habits I feel more powerful in bed. I feel like a stallion, and Ying loves it. She can be fully satiated from sex without me getting tired. This has been helping a lot in our relationship development. Frequent sex has been making us both to wake up always in good humor and with the disposition to live another day. Not just that, it has been making us feel better and more connected to each other than ever. I wouldn't say it is lust, it is just pure love and intimacy. We do it for pleasure, health, good mood, and most importantly, to be closer to each other in the best way.

I hear the door being opened. I look behind me, it is Ying who just came in. She stares at me, silent for a short while.

- Are you busy? - She asks.

- Just fed our boy, so not anymore. - I get up. - Why do you ask?

- I need you to come with me.

- Why?

- Just follow me.

- Alright. Rowdy, stay near the fireplace. You can take a good nap while I am out. Your mommies will be back.

I get out of the room with Ying, closing the door behind me. Ying takes my hand and leads the way. She doesn't say anything.

- What's going on? - I ask, curious.

- I need to show you something. It's important. - Ying answers, very serious.

- Did Alyn call us?

- No. This is only between you and me. You'll see.

We walk the corridors until we reach some spiral stairs that only go down, and down, and down, and down...

- How did you find this place? - I start to be intrigued. - And where are we going?

- I was exploring the castle this morning. I wanted to see of there were cool places, so I found one down here!

- Does anyone know that we are going down here?

- No.

- Where will this end up at?

- You will see... - Ying turns her head to me and smirks.

- Oh no... Why do I have the feeling that you had another one of your ideas...?

- You don't know what's on my mind. I just want to show you something.

- I know you too well to know what is on your mind, Elf. - I laugh.

- Silly Nord. - Ying laughs too.

We finally finish the stairs. This seems to be the dungeons, but they are empty and clean. It's a long corridor full of cells, all of them with the gates open. No sign of guards or anyone else, it's like it has been unused for already quite some time. It is quite dark as well, but curiously, there is a cell ahead that has light. I wonder why.

I still follow Ying. We approach the cell with the light. What I see here is completely unexpected and surprises me.

A large mattress with a red velvet sheet, rose petals spread on the floor, something covered in a white towel, and essence candles that smell lightly like cinnamon. The candles explain the light coming from the cell.

- What is all of this? - I am extremely confused. - Who did this?

- Happy Birthday!