Abyssal Business

- You! - I say with wrenched teeth.

- It's been a while. - He approaches slowly.

- It seems like you haven't changed a bit, brat. - I provoke him.

- And you are still the same too, except now you are married to a young Elf. - He laughs. - Pardon me, looking better at you, you aged a little bit. Nords don't live that much, after all.

- I see that you are still nosey and arrogant as always.

- I know everything and just state the facts, old Nord.

- Who is he? - Ying asks.

- I am Corvus, the blade of the Magistrate, son of Karne. - He shows off a purple knife, made of Abyssal crystals. - And I am the main reason the Abyss is on our side. I will make this world a better place after I wipe you all out, and with the staff, my father will be able to be a powerful and just ruler.

- You are always talking shit. - I spit to the ground. - So you are the one who caused the Seris' destruction, aren't you?

- I had to sacrifice one soul, the Abyss used me and deceived me, but now, I am using them. - He grins. - We came to an agreement.

- You never learn. - I get angrier. - Just like your father. The Abyss never does what it promises, and when it does, it has a high price to pay.

- I am willing to pay that price, for a better world!

- Yeah, keep dreaming, you will regret after the consequences...

- We will see. - He smirks, playing with the knife in his hand.

- Why are you here and how did you get here, to begin with?

- I came here to get you and Ying. She needs to get the staff, and you? I kill you if she doesn't obey. And how did I get here? Easy, I have the map of this castle, so I teleported without being seen, thanks to this knife.

- Ying will use the staff against everyone if I am not there. I have to control her, it is my duty and fate! - I advise. - You never think twice, do you? Spoiled and selfish brat!

- That is a problem I can solve myself! - He sticks the knife in the table. - I will fix everything!

- No, you won't! - I grab my battle axe. - You always mess up! Even your father always complained about you!

- This time it will be different! He will be proud of me! - He yells, almost crying. - He will see later that I did the right thing, he will thank me... My plans have been going well, just like when the Darkness invaded this castle, or when you two teleported to the wrong place.

- It was you! - Ying gets mad. - You changed the coordinations!

- I wanted to mess around. - He laughs. - It would make you arrive late and stress against each other, but apparently nothing can separate you two.

- You wish. - I raise my axe and lay it over my shoulder. - Your little plans will never separate us.

- But I will... - He takes the knife off the table and does a threatening pose. - And I cannot be stopped now!

I do a battle cry and swing the axe to his direction, ready to hit him. He throws the knife behind me and teleports. I am so confused! How does he do that!? Fuck!

Ying creates an illusion and hits the mirror to make it chase him. The illusion floats quickly to where he stands and explodes, making him confused and almost falling back.

- You cannot escape my illusions, even if you teleport, they will chase you. - Ying threatens coldly.

Damn, she is really pissed off. No one messes with Ying when she is REALLY mad at someone or something.

Suddenly, we hear a roar and loud steps. It is not Rowdy, for sure. The steps noise sounds too loud and the roar sounded too monstrous. What the hell was that? It seems like it is approaching. Whatever it is, it will probably come downstairs. Corvus is doing a stupid grin, I bet he knows what it is and I also bet that he has something to do with it.

- What the fuck is coming!? - I ask him.

- One of my best weapons. - He laughs maniacally.