Too Weak

- You... You are already awake! - I glance at Ying. - And in your normal form...

- I sensed the danger, I couldn't just rest! - She readies her mirror.

- Another weak fighter! - Corvus chuckles. - You all shall fall before me!

Unexpectedly, Raum begins to run as a frantic bull in my direction, as I flap my wings to fly away from his onslaught. Terminus swings his tremendous axe in direction of Furia, Imani, and Io. Ying summons illusions and orders them to explode in the direction of Corvus, but he levitates and forms a purple circle around us all. He pronounces some words I cannot understand and rays come out of the ground, all inside the circle. The abyssal symbol takes shape in the air. Terminus and Raum seem to not be affected by this. I fall to the ground, these rays feel electric, it weakens me, and apparently, the rest of us.

- NO! - Ying, who happens to be outside the circle, tries to reach us, but the circle effects immediately make her move away her arm.

- You cannot save them, you insolent! - Corvus maniacally laughs. - Now, you are useful, you shall teach me the ways of the staff!

- NEVER! - Ying shoots with her mirror, but the shots are too short to reach Corvus.

Raum whips me with his tail, tossing me in the air and making me fall again. I am helpless, these effects cripple me. I hear Rowdy roar, he happens to be inside the circle too, but too weak.

An army of Magistrate soldiers and undead begin to invade the territory, surrounding us. There is no way we can win this.

- I made sure we would get the staff and win the battle. - Corvus plays with his abyssal blade.

- You will... not... win! - Io tries to speak.

- The Pyre... will get you... - Furia holds tightly the staff.

- We must fight back! - Jenos tries to motivate us, as he lays down on the ground as well.

- This isn't over! - Imani tells. - Trust me... It isn't!

- Enough talk! - Corvus yells. - You all pity me.

Ying shoots against the circle, it feels like it has a magic barrier, but it seems to be unbreakable. Ying seems frustrated. I am feeling weaker and weaker, my eyes slowly close. My strength drains through this blasphemous sorcery, as my wings disintegrate to dust.

- NO! HOLD ON! I WILL GET YOU ALL OUT! - Ying screams desperately.

Ying gets surrounded by the army, she simply ignores them and keeps shooting the barrier. It is ineffective, it won't break, not that way. I wish I could tell her, but now I cannot speak anymore. I am gradually going unconscious. My eyelids are heavy, my sight is blurred. I feel Terminus axe hitting the ground, making it tremble.

- You all will not give up now! Not after all of our progress! - Ying keeps yelling.

I cannot see, I cannot open my eyes, but I can still hear. I hear a fight, Ying appears to be fighting the army. I hear illusions spawning and exploding. I hear screams of pain, masculine screams. They are from the soldiers. I hear undead bodies being cut, as they groan to their last breath. Ying never gives up a fight.

- Is this the staff? - Terminus asks.

- It is! Give it to me! - Corvus sounds obsessive.

- DON'T! - Ying shouts as she fights.

- I only obey my master! - Terminus says.

- About time... - Raum comments. - Now what do we do with these scumbags?

- Do what you want. Kill them, whatever. - Corvus answers. - They are of no use. I only need the little elf because of the staff, then you guys can kill her too.

- Finally, some blood to spill! - Raum sounds obsessive.

I guess this is it. There is nothing else to do. We cannot fight back and Ying is stuck in a pointless battle against an army.

- Time to smash the huntress first. - I hear Raum saying it to himself. - Let's see if the elf will still fight after this.

- NOOOOOOO!!! - Ying screams.

Ying's scream abruptly echoes. I am too weak to understand what is going on, I just have to accept my fate.

I didn't have the chance to tell Ying how much I love her, even when she was a dangerous banshee out of control. I didn't tell her how much I loved it when she cuddled me because it made me feel safer. I didn't admit that I also feel scared when I am separated from her... I had so much to tell...