Chapter 36: Taormina

AHOY, MY CHILDREN!!! YOUR EYES DO NOT DECEIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOMMY STILL LOVES YOU, I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY WITH YUMMY SECRET PROJECTS FOR YOU!!!! <3333

THE PIRATE- FUCKO QUEEN IS BACK!!! *twerks into Renegade Tic-Tok*

AND SHE IS HERE WITH A SMALL QUAREN-TEA GIFT TO CHEER YOU GUYS UP!!!

HOW IS EVERYONE HOLDING UP BTW??????

MUCH LOVE AND STAY SAFE!!!! 

XOOXOO

***

At the heart of Taormina, Sicily, sat the Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, where we would be staying for the next few days.

A quick Google search on the iPhone Fico had given me told me how much history this hotel had with celebrities and the nearby. We arrived in the early afternoon and the sun was out, basking the gorgeous scenery and plants surrounding building in an ethereal glow. The elegancy and beauty radiated from the inside too, the Italian flair apparent in the walls, floors, furniture, even the smallest details like the carved designs in the golden doorknobs were picturesque.

Fico had reserved a handful of rooms for his employees, who had all abandoned us but Hulk trailing twenty feet behind as Fico I walked alone down a long corridor.

Fico and I hadn't talked the whole flight, mostly because he was at the back of the jet having meetings with his employees a majority of the time. The more I reeled over my last discussion with him about my father leaving money in a bank account for me and Fico wanting to further my education, the more I wondered if there was more to the reason why he was dumping all of this on me now.

If you wanted to leave this all this madness behind and never come back, I would let you if it meant you would be truly happy.

All I knew was I was in freaking Italy, and I wasn't going to spend all my time here ruminating about the what ifs, when I could be relaxing and enjoying the free travel.

A little ways down the corridor, Fico paused at door and cleared his throat in a very human-like way.

We both stared at the door. I frowned and side-eyed Fico, wondering why we weren't going inside.

"What, did you get a sweet deal on the haunted room or something? Why aren't we going in>"

Fico cleared his throat again. "I wasn't sure if you wanted your own room," he said, glancing over at me with his hands deep in the pockets of his slacks. He produced a keycard from one of those pockets and handed it to me. "We can share, or you can take this one, and I'll take another empty one."

I made a face at his abnormal awkwardness and snatched the key from him.

"Pretty sure you've seen my butt hole. I think I can manage sharing a bed with a mob boss for few nights." I looked him up and down, crossed my arms over my chest. "Unless you were planning on sharing your bed with someone else? I don't do threesomes, sorry."

Fico ran his hand through his black hair.

"Dude, what?"

He looked up and down the corridor, as if to check that nobody was listening. Hulk bobbed his head to his headphones and gave us a peace sign.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was embarrassed. "Don't tell me this is the honeymoon suite?" I asked playfully. "Will there be a pathway of roses to the bed?"