Surprise-Palermo

I will try as much as possible to keep updating because I have been worried about my dad's health. Today is his birthday and I have been very worried so whoever reads this please pray for him. I wish I could back to the States to look after him.

 Also to not make this sad...happy birthday to our dear man who plays Palermo!! Rodrigo de la Serna😊😍 may you have many more birthdays too🎂🎉🎈

************

Everyone was in their seats tired and complaining about the heat that was going on today. The Professor gave us the rest of the day off since yesterday we worked all day. "Why don't we play soccer?" I propose to them and I see everyone looking at me from where I am sitting.

"Soccer?" Denver asks."Yes imbecíl! Didn't you hear her?? Palermo asks him, hitting him on the head.

"Don't mean fútbol, sweetie? We are in Italy not the United States. My language is spoken here. "He tells me with a cynical smile.I only see him and I don't say anything. He is always like this with everyone. 

"Hey hey leave her alone. You do realize that we are in Italy, right? Shouldn't we be speaking Italian then?" Nairobi asks sarcastically bur defending me since she knows I won't dare say anything back. "You guys are useless and none of you wouldn't even be able to learn the language if your life depended on it." He says looking at Denver.

 "Stai zitto idiot!" He yells at him and I try not to laugh, the poor guy got insulted in Italian."Okay, stop fighting. Are we going to play or not?" When I say that Palermo takes a ball out of nowhere and throws it at Denver almost hitting him in the face.

"I don't want any fighting." The Professor says getting up from his place and from his jacket he takes out a whistle. Are these two wizards?

"We stole them from the monks." Palermo tells me when he sees my surprised face. "Yes! Let's go! men against women." Tokyo proposes and everyone runs out. 

Sergio and I stayed with each other and began to talk about my plan."Hopefully you are right in all this. You know how Martín can get with things." He says fixing his glasses and we go outside and see everyone in uniforms.

"(Y / N) are you going to play?" Monica asks me while she fixes her hair so that it doesn't get in the way while she plays. I shake my head and give him a small smile."Sorry but umm ... I'll be busy learning more Spanish." I tell her quickly and eveyone's eyes were focused on me.

"What are you up to idiot?" Martín asks staring at me with his arms crossed.Just ignore him. I say to myself when I see Palermo with the ball in hand looking at me with strange eyes.

 "But you already speak the language perfectly. Why would you want to waste time studying more?" Bogotá out of nowhere tells me. Marsella and Helsinki look at me already knowing what I'm up to. 

"She's not that good at playing believe me. She's sucks at playing." I look at Manila who is somewhat far from us while reading a book in her hands. She knows whats going on too.

"Yes! Manila is right. She has seen me play before and all I do is fall. I will be busy inside.""I have other ideas on what you can study on" Palermo says without taking his eyes off me and smirks. 

Tokyo and Nairobi try not to laugh, Sergio is left with his mouth open and I with a confused expression.

"What do you mean-"

"Go away so you don't make a fool of yourself! Let us professionals play." Palermo loudly tells me and Denver starts laughing at him.

"And what are you laughing about?!""I agree. When was the last time that Argentina won a World Cup?" Denver says approaching me and hugs me from the side.

"Shut the hell up Denver! That's none of their concern, also as far as I know the United States hasn't won either.. And take your dirty hands off the poor girl can't you see she doesn't like you!"

"Well you're wrong because she tolerates me, unlike you who insults everyone!"We all fell silent listening to these two men argue. Some monks passed close to us and stared at us, quickly getting rid of where we are. 

When everyone was busy I ran away and started doing my job.I got everything I needed including some things I borrow from the monks. I grab the flour, milk and eggs, starting to mix everything together and running to turn on the oven and put the three pans I filled and startd to wait until the cakes were ready.

Meanwhile I did other things including the frosting and mixing some colors for which I wanted to give. From a window I see the outside when those two srarted to fight like cats and dogs again.

"Sergio! He touched my balls!!"

"He's lying!! Professor!" Denver shouts back.I end up laughing when I see the expression on Sergío's face who can no longer stand them.

 The only well behaved ones are Helsinki, Marseille, Lisbon and Manila. There I see Denver who dropped Palermo's short and I feel myself feeling flustered and quickly I stop seeing them and continued with what was left.About an hour had lassed and the cake looks good, I hope it tastes good too.

 I decided to decorate the three layers of cake red and black cake with strawberry and chocolate filling.I just hope he likes it. I give a big and tired sigh once I grabbed the cake and the helium balloons I got myself and I staredt to walk out. I see them all taking a break and I feel how my heart started to beat fast when I see myself approaching him.Nairobi stares at me in surprise when she sees me with the cake. 

"It can't be, is our girl in love with that ignorant man?" I heard her say it in a low voice.Tokyo hugged her and shut her up while they saw me. 

Helsinki looks at me which makes Palermo also turn around, "Why are all of you imbeciles suddenly so quiet-"

"Happy Birthday." I say with a small and nervous smile. I feel my hands tremble, his green eyes stare at me as if wanting to kill me. Marseille coughs falsely and I see Bogotá laughing until Nairobi hits him on the arm. 

"...Martin?"He takes a step towards me and Sergio quickly gets in the way just in case something were to happen. "So this is what you were doing?" I stare at him a little scared."Martin, let's think rationally about this as professionals."

"Shut up Sergío" Martín quickly responds in a whisper. Knowing that if Raquel comes to defend Sergío, then we're fucked. Carefully and slowly Martín pushes Sergío aside and stands in front of me. He runs a finger over the cake and with that he puts a bit of frosting on the tip of my nose. 

Everyone gives a sigh thinking that he was going to throw it on my face, I see a smile on his face."I can't believe you took the time of doing this for me. No one has ever done something like this for me. Thank you (Y / N)." Out of nowhere he comes closer to me and grabs my face to kiss me. 

I close my eyes and kiss him back."Whoa, don't you go eating each other in front of us." Nairobi laughs and taking the cake and puts it on the table where we all head.

"Don't you want us to sing for you?" Manila adds with a smile. Denver takes Monica by the hand and begins to sing a bit until Denver steps back.

"Shut up,Denver." Martín threw a bit of cake in his face. And from there Denver grabbed another and accidentally threw it at me, "But what a bad aim you have, idiot!" Palermo says trying to take away what Denver threw at me and I try not to laugh. 

 "Seriously everyone behaves like children." I hear Sergío tiredly says to himself and he went to sit next to Raquel when we all start running and throwing cake at each other.