Strolling back Into Reality

The night was cold, and so was every fiber of Clarke's being.
  A loud gasp filled the forest his body laid limp in.
  The small ditch his tall 6'1 body had been placed in was slightly filled with dirt, and the season fallen leaves ranging from orange, yellow, as well as off green laid on him.
  Reaching up with a quick jolt the dirt had fallen down into his lap, his curls bouncing around and dropping two leaves as well as dirt.

Why the hell was he barely buried alive? The little effort wasn't even a prideful days worth of work, it insulted him a little knowing that maybe whom ever did it was going to come back for him.

  "This is quite the conundrum.."
  He murmered, once spitting the dirt out from his mouth, the cold brisk air was whistling through his suit, he cupped his shoulders in response like it was instint.
  "Where could I be..?"
  Wondering, he got up slowly, looking down at himself, he reached up to his face feeling that the mud scar was gone from when he practically was falling apart.. When he was willing to switch into Hope's body..
Shaking the thought he was confused that the mud scar hadn't been there, but he didn't really worry for it was his father whom brought him back.

Not knowing how long it was, it profoundly raised a question.
  How long was he trapped there ?
  He couldn't deliver a easy answer so he began trotting away from the ditch to make way to a place of serenity. Or for what he didn't know, tragedy.

  □■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

  It had been a few hours, the sun was rising at the Salvatore school, it's kids persisting through what seemed like a gifted hell after the incident with Josie Saltzmen had occurred.
  No one was okay, but they had to push through.

  For now it was.. Hopeless..
  Rafael was by Landons side, hoping that the golden arrow wasn't his peril, his hands landed on his face, aggravated grunts would come from him.
  This was his fault, if his mind wasn't weak, maybe he could've fought the Necromancer's power, maybe he could've fought the mind control-
"Raf."
  A older man's voice came through the door way, it made the werewolf look up to him, it was Alaric.
  His eyes were saddened, knowing that he was apart of this but, they couldn't lose 'Hope.'

"Has he resurrected yet?"

"No.. nothing has happened.. I..-"
  Alaric saw the golden Arrow pulled out of Landon laying on the floor, the blood laying on it's shining gold pole, but it was missing it's tip.
  "Rafael, did you even check if you could get the last of the arrow out?"

"I can't.. I can't even pierce his skin, it's like it's protected.."
  He looked up again from the arrows place on the floor.

  Alaric came over, placing his hand over the spot that was pierced by the weapon earlier.
  The area was hot, the only hot spot on Landon.
  It caused him to spark a idea,
  "I'll be back, I have to get Dorian, maybe we can find something like this it looks like he's dead by the arrow, maybe he can't resurrect because it's still in him-"
  Raf shot up, he realized that just now, he didn't think of that earlier.
  "Are you sure?"
He asked with concern lacing his voice, Alaric nodded.
"Just give me some time, will figure this out, alright?"

  Dr. Saltzmen gave a pat on the teens back, now taking lead out of the room.
  Raf starred down at Landon hoping that it could be the reason why he wasn't back yet.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

  Dorian was sitting reading old scriptures, Alaric came in about two hours ago giving him a lead about what could've been keeping Landon in his dormant state.
  They both sat reading everything they could, but nothing came.
"This has to be some kind of loop hole, it just doesn't make sense.. A golden arrow takes down a Phoenix, so he's dead right?"

Dorian asked, glancing over to a studying Alaric.
  He shook his head.
  "I've thought about it, and it's just, we can't remove the broken part of the arrow from his body. That's what I assumed, Rafael couldn't remove it, he said his skin is in indestructible where it went in. His exact words, 'I can't pierce his skin'. "
  Squinted eyes laid upon the books.
This reminded him of something. Some one, a family before.
  "You know the origins or the Originals right? Hope's family?"
Alaric asked, Dorian shook his head.
"Not entirely other than that they were the original Vampires, why?"