𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒊. wrath

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

            DAPHNE DIXON WAS READY. Everyone at the Hilltop was ready. Before going out there, Daphne knew she had to tell Rick.

He had been the only person that was unaware that she had been pregnant. I mean, his son was gonna be the father of the baby. He deserved to know and Daphne wouldn't be surprised if someone had assumed that she told him and told him themselves.

She had found him by Glenn and Abraham's gravestones. Rick looked over at the girl and Daphne smiles reassuringly to him. "Hey." She greets. "Hey." He spoke and Daphne had noticed Carl's letter in his hand.

"You read his letter." She assumes and Rick nods, "Yeah. Yeah, I did." Daphne sighs and looks down at the ground. "I, uh, I wanted to tell you something ... before we went out there and I didn't want you to go out there... not knowing." Daphne explained.

Rick waits for her response and Daphne blinks, knowing that she does have to tell him and she looks him the eye and says: "I'm pregnant."

The Grimes man looks at the ground and then blurts out: "I know." Daphne looks up at the man. She would've expected him to know but she was still shocked. "What?" She asked. "I know." He repeats.

"Did... did my aunt tell you? I—" Daphne asked. Rick shakes his head. "No, uh, but this made me figure it out." He pulls out a letter from his pocket and hands it to Daphne.

Daphne looks at his writing and then realizes that he wrote to — My Kid. "I... I didn't know he wrote to..." Daphne's eyes brimmed with tears. "Um... oh my God." She stuttered, wiping her eyes.

"I'm happy for you." Daphne looks up as Rick as he speaks to her. "Thank you." She told him and decided to hug the man. She needed a hug, especially from Rick. She understood what he going through. I mean, he just lost his son, the love of her life. They were both going through the same loss and that was hard on both of them.

Daphne pulls away from the hug, wiping her eyes again. "I, uh, I want the baby to be a boy." She told. "I was thinking of naming him after you, or Carl, or my uncle Merle, or Glenn, Abe." She said the choices if it had been a boy. "Still got some choosin' to do." She chuckles.

"He would've been a good father." Rick said and Daphne nods, "He had a great father to teach him how to be." She smiles. Rick pats Daphne's shoulder and looks at the girl. "Get ready." He told and Daphne smiles, "Will do."

A little while later, Daryl, Rosita, Drew, Michonne, Rick, Carol, Maggie and Daphne had sat, planning out their coordinates for later today.

"All right. We'll stick to this road, keep to the trees, we'll get there quicker. Plus, we can keep an eye on the road that way." Daryl explained and pointed. "Yeah, if they're planning anything, we'll see it." Rosita added.