Jimmy Garoppolo: Hold me while you wait

"I wish that I was good enough." Jimmy sighs in the most heartbreaking way.

"Jim, this isn't on you." I remind. "No one told her to go out and cheat on you."

"I just really thought she was the one, you know?"

"I know." I nod as I hug him tightly. "But I don't want you thinking you're not good enough. You are the most amazing person I know."

"Then why did she go do that?" He asks.

"I don't know." I sigh. "But she'll never find another you, and that'll be her loss."

"Thanks." He shyly says. "I'm sorry for moping, I know you were expecting a better weekend in San Francisco." He says trying to laugh. "I can see if George is going out? You can join him."

"No, this is fine."

"Oh come on this is no way to spend a weekend." He insists.

"I just want to spend time with you."

"That's sweet." He says holding my hand. I watch carefully as he intertwined our fingers.

"Jimmy." I whisper.

"Yeah?" He asks looking up at me.

"I love you." I finally confess. I genuinely don't know what to expect but I've been wanting to tell him this for years.

"I love you too." He says like he always have. "You know that." He says with a light laugh.

"No Jimmy, I really do." I slowly say. "Love you." I finish.

"Please don't do th-" he sighs.

"I know you don't feel the same way." I interrupt. "You've always liked a type of girl that I don't fit, but I just wanted to get it off my chest even though you probably already knew."

"I don't like one type of girl. I actually didn't know because I always felt like I was out of your league."

"Why would you be?"

"You seemed to always go for different guys and when we were both single you didn't seem interested."

"I was afraid." I confess.

"Am I scary?" He asks as he gets up off of me. "We've been close for years and you're afraid to tell me how you feel?"

"Please don't turn me into the bad guy for not sharing how I felt because that's not fair."

"What were you expecting from me? You say you love me and I say I love you too then it's happily ever after?" He asks, hurting my feelings. "That's not how it works. How are we supposed to be together when you can't tell me how you feel?" He asks. "I know I love you, I just can't love you the way you want me to."

"Ok." I nod. "I'm sorry."

"No. Don't apologize. I still want us to be this close." He says putting his arms around me. "I want to be able to hold you because you bring me the peace I need from home." I'm left with no words to give him. "Do you want us to not be friends or to be this close?"

"I guess I'll just wait."

"For what?" He asks.

"For the right guy." I say and feel a little better. I mean I rather know now than keep holding onto something that will probably never come.

"Can you hold me while you wait?"

"Yeah." I nod finally putting my arms around him.