Chapter Six

"So Juniper, tell me about yourself? What you like. How your life was before you moved to Sydney." Calum asks. "Okay so my whole name is Juniper Louise Bale, I'm 17. I love Italian food, the beach, the mountains, camping and Netflix." I stay quiet about my life before, I don't really tell anyone about it. They talk to me like I'm a kid and they treat me like I'm some bird with a broken wing. I'm not. "So how was your life before you moved? You never answered." He says smiling. I finally grow some courage and decide to tell him." Okay, I had an amazing life with my mom and my dad, I'm an only child. But then when I was four my mom was sleep walking and someone hit her and killed her. They drove away not even caring if she was okay or not. We never found out who it was." I feel something wet on my cheeks. I don't like how vulnerable I am right now. I need to be a strong person. "I was so mad that someone hit her and I was so sad that she was gone. I never had the mother experience of learning how to put on makeup or talk about guys that I had crushes on. I could tell that my dad was also sad, but he never would show it. But finally something just clicked and my dad started hitting me. It started out with just a couple hits to having bruises and welts." I show him my newest bruises that my dad gave me, that happened a couple hours before we found him dead. "Then a couple days ago he got really mad at me like always and he was abusing me. He threw me against my brick wall in my kitchen from my old house. After that he walked out of the house and went out to the pub down the street. We found him dead behind the pub. The cause of his death was alcohol poisoning, he had way too much and his body just couldn't take it anymore."  by that, I just start bawling my eyes out. I have never cried this much before in front of someone. I'm too vulnerable for this. But it just won't stop. "It's okay, you are okay now. As long as you are in my arms no one will ever hurt you." he says while wrapping his arms around me laying on the grass.

We stare at the stars. None of us saying a word. His arms wrap around my petite figure. I look at the stars one more time before closing my eyes and going to sleep.

##############

"June Bug! June Bug! We are going to be late for school!"

I wake up, the covers mangled on the ground. I look up and see that I'm not in my room, I look over to see Calum. "Calum! Why am I in your room! Why did I sleep in your bed?!" I scream.

"Its okay babe, you fell asleep at the park so I carried you into the car. We drove back to my house and your family was still there. They didn't want too wake you up so they let you stay at my house for the night." He says. "Here, I found something that you could wear to school. But be quick, we're going to be late."

I walk into his big bathroom and change out of my uncomfortable dress and leather jacket. I pick up the two things that he gave me. A big T-shirt and knee high socks. I throw the big shirt on, it looks more like one of those shirt dresses. I put on the socks and brush my hair. I find an extra toothbrush and brush my teeth. I find some unopened mascara and put some on.

I walk out of the bathroom info Calum's room." Hey babe, you look cute. I found some things of Mali that you might want to wear." He hands me a necklace and a pair of black ankle boots.

We walk out of his room towards the kitchen. We grab a couple pieces of toast. We walk to his car and drive to the school.

We find a parking spot and park the car. He opens my door and walks towards our first class.

People are looking at us and I don't know why. I grab unto his hand making me feel safe in this still new school of mine. He squeezes my hand a couple of times assuring that everything is okay.

We get to our first class and sit down by each other.

"So when you decide to sit by her huh?" A guy with purple hair says." Hey Mikey."is ask Calum says to him."Mikey! You go to this school?!" I yell. "Juniper? Is that really you? I didn't think that you were going to this school! I've missed you so much!" He says while giving me a tight hug.