Chapter Seven

Once the nurse shuts the door I run to his room and open his door.

I notice that he's sleeping. His lips partly open letting out a soft snore.

He has a boot on his left foot. Sitting by him, I wait until he wakes up. "Hey babe." I look back at Calum, then giving him the biggest hug ever." Hey Cal, what happened to your leg? I looked away for one quick second and then i heard a loud scream."

"I was kicking the ball to the goal and right before I kicked it, someone on the other team ran and kicked my knee. I broke my leg and almost shattered my knee. I don't need surgery though, if I wear this boot for three weeks then get a hard cast on for six weeks I'll be able to go back to the normal me." "That's good, what are you going to do now that you can't play soccer?" I ask. I don't know what he's going to do without soccer. Soccer is his life. Without it, he'll probably have nothing to do. "Probably just chill around the house doing nothing. The bad thing is that I'm able to go to school on Monday. I thought that I would have a couple days at home." He laughs.

"Mr.Hood?" We look back to see his nurse walking back into Calums hospital room. "Mr.Hood, You are able to leave the hospital in twenty-four hours. We will just have you go under an x-ray and your parents or guardian will have to sign papers before you leave." she says. " Thank you nurse, I finally get to leave!" he says with enthusiasm.

She leaves quietly,letting Calum and I alone. "Sorry babe that I ruined our first date together, I really wanted to go on it. I needed to explain everything, i couldn't, I'm so sorry babe. Maybe we can go on a date tomorrow after i get out we can go. Maybe 7?" He says. "Of course Cal! I'm sorry that I jumped to conclusions. That is your past and it's in the past for a reason. It's your past. I shouldn't care."

"Miss? I'm sorry to inform, but you have to leave. Visiting hours are over. You can come back at seven when visiting hours start again." The same nurse from earlier says.

"Okay. Thank you for letting me stay this long. Night Cal sleep tight. I'll be back tomorrow."

Once I get outside of the hospital, I finally remember that my car is still at the airport, waiting for me to pick it up. While Calum's car is still at the school. I grab my new iPhone 6 out of my pocket and dial my aunts number.

"Where are you Hun? You were supposed to come home 6 hours ago! I was worried sick!" She says through the phone sounding scared. "Sorry Aunt Katy, I stayed after school to watch Calum's soccer game. But he was injured and broke his leg. I went to the hospital to stay with him. I didn't notice that I was gone for six hours, sorry. Also Katy, will you pick me up from the hospital?" "Of course Hun. Give me five minutes. Stay in the hospital until I come."

I walk back into the hospital to wait for my aunt. After what seems like forever, her car finally drives in front of the building. I walk into the car and sit by my aunt in the passenger seat. "Sorry Hun, I didn't think it would take longer than five minutes ." 

we get back to our house in silence. I'm too tired to talk to anyone. I walk into the house and drop my things in the mudroom. I walk into my room to get changed into pajama's. I take a grey tank top and black sweatpants and put them on. I walk to the bathroom and put my hair into a messy bun. I grab my face soap and wash my face, taking all my makeup off, in the sink. I grab my toothbrush and brush my teeth. I climb into my bed and quickly fall into a deep slumber.

******************************************************

I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm. I turn it off and slowly get out of my bed and walk to my closet. I pick a couple things out of my closet and change into them. I look in the mirror to see if my half asleep body picked something cute, it actually did. I'm wearing a simple jean dress with a red wool cardian and simple creme colored flats. I walk to the bathroom and brush my hair and braid it  into a side fishtail braid. I quickly put on eyeliner and mascara. I look into the mirror one more time. I brush my teeth and walk out of the bathroom. I grab a banana and walk to Layleigh's car,