Why always me?

"Hey, how was the journey? I missed you guys so much!" Dushyant asked hugging both of us.

"Good, hah, it was good." I said putting the bags in back.

"Oye tuje kya hua? Isne pareshan to nahi kiya na? Kya kiya tune kavin?" Dush asked.

"Are mene kuch nahi kiya. She is just tired. " I told in my defence.

"Han I'm just tired, ghar le chalo muje." Keith said sitting in the car.

"Ajeeb bat hai. Ise to aise kabhi nahi dekha!" Dush said but I told him to shut up and drive.

When we reached her home, Keith just got out of the car and said bye, ignoring both of us and went into her home.

"Kuch to hua hai!" Dush muttered again.

"Tu gadi chala na." I said.

As we reached our home (the one we were sharing), I realised that uska ek bag to car me hi reh gaya.

"Are dush, Keith ka ek bag to yahi pe reh gaya. Me deke aata hun." I said.

"Tum dono kuch jyada hi aliens nahi bane ja rahe?" Dush asked.

"Are aisa kuch nahi hai, me nikltahu abbi, chal bye" Saying that I took the keys from him and drove to her house.

Keith's pov

I unlocked the front door. The house was empty. It felt like I was expecting someone. Silence everywhere. Sigh.

I entered in my room and directly fell on my bed. I was exhausted. Everything that happened, it was the first time I was not able to conclude something. Whatever happened was so fast that I didn't get the time to have any reaction.

Remembering everything, I got those tears back, I got those memories back, how I was screaming, finding help, and all alone. Is this what I wanted? I'm just wasting my life. I couldn't save my friend and now even myself! How devastating of a person I am.

Negativity was all over me. I didn't know what I was doing that time, but I got up and rushed into the bathroom and took those blades from the box.

I was out of my mind. I felt so humiliated. And I didn't know, in that situation when the blade hit my hand.

Anxiety is often found in most cheerful and joking people. I always hid my pain behind those laughs and nobody cared to notice.

I scratched and scratched and scratched. After some seconds blood started to come which gave me more after thoughts. I was about to cut my vein when I heard the door being opened.

"Hey Keith, you forgot your bag in the car. Where are you?" It was kavin.

He came into my room and saw me like that.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" He screamed looking at me, who wanted to end this life.

"What are doing?" He rushed to me and threw those blades. I don't know but it looked like it was causing him pain.

"Kavin" I said "Just leave me on my own. It's too much to handle now."

"Oh shut up. What are talking?" He said taking my hand and observing the cuts.

"The life is bothering me now. At first there were only people, I didn't mind them. But this is just too much. I can't do this anymore.  I'm I'm losing my mind, kavin. I don't care what the society thinks about me, but today I fell on my own eyes. Shivani ko bachane nikli thi, khud to..." I said crying.

Before I could complete, kavin placed his lips on mine. For a second, all the stress just flew away from my body. I forgot everything surrounding me. It was feeling like magic. The kiss was short but soothing. The care was clearly be seen. He parted and swept my tears.