𝘾𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙

I loved Haneul's naptime. Three hours of blissful irresponsibility. I couldn't leave the house, but I never wanted to. More often than not, Seungwoo wasn't here on the weekends, so I did the dishes and curled up with a good book while Haneul snoozed.

But today, Seungwoo and I were giggling to ourselves, teasing each other. Seungwoo tickled me from time to time, so I smacked him with my book.

"Hey, wife." He said to me after a few moments of silence. His head rested on my shoulder, overgrown bangs covering his eyes.

"Yes, Seungwoo?"

"What do you say we have the guys over tonight?" He tapped his fingers against my bare stomach. I hadn't bothered to put my shirt back on, so I lay on my back in my underwear.

"You see them all the damn time."

"C'mon." Seungwoo pleaded. "We never hang out, all of us. Not anymore."

"Yeah, you guys all hang out without me." I laughed. "Fine."

"Yes!" Seungwoo sounded positively gleeful. "It's been a while. I missed them."

"You guys gonna have this melodramatic scene later or what?" I asked, running my fingers through his thick hair.

"I just wanted to hang out with them again."

"It's been a while. They're different, now." I said thoughtfully, running my hand through my hair.

"We're different, but I see the whole beautiful world in you." Seungwoo replied quietly. He ran his fingers down my spine.

I sighed through my nose. "Do you ever get sick of saying these things?"

He scoffed. "Do you ever get sick of being a humbug?"

"Nope." I grinned cheekily at him. "Just keeping it real."

"My words are all real." Seungwoo murmured. "I really feel this way about you."

I rolled over onto my back. Seungwoo laid his arm across my shoulders.

I stared at the ceiling, thinking.

"Hey, Seungwoo."

"What's up, baby girl?" Seungwoo mumbled his words against my shoulder.

"Do you think we'll ever be one of those sad married couples that don't wanna talk to each other?"

"I can't see myself not wanting to talk to you."

"Yeah, me neither." I agreed quietly. "But I get scared of turning into my parents. They love each other, but I don't know if they're in love with each other anymore."

Seungwoo lazily played with my hair as he pondered my words.

"Well, baby. I made a promise that I'll take care of you, and I will. I'll make sure we stay in love with each other. Whether we've been married for three years or fifty years, I wanna wake up next to you and still feel lucky that you want to be with me."

"Okay." I whispered, snuggling closer to him. "I love you, Seungwoo."

"Me, too."

We ended up taking a nap of our own before Haneul woke up. She'd learned how to climb out of her crib, much to our distress, but we'd scolded her enough times that she finally stopped doing it.

"MAMA!" She shrieked from her room, startling me from sleep. Chika chimed in with several whining. "Mama, I awake!"

Seungwoo groaned as I yawned and stretched.