☀︎ chapter 12 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Another year with the Fukurodani Academy group in the summer. After the first year, Aiya had explained to Coach Washijo and asked for permission to go. He was hesitant to send her off since he wanted her to be at Shiritorizawa all the time.

But he let her go. Knowing she will be a great asset for other teams.

Walking to Nekoma's school buildings, she saw Fukurodani, Nekoma there.

"HEY HEY HEY! AIYA HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Well, that made some heads turn.

"Kotaru, you're making a scene!" Aiya tried to quiet down her loud cousin but that made Bokuto laugh. "Did you see my text yesterday? Whatcha think? Do you think I need more practice?" Bombarding her with questions without giving her the time to speak as always.

Before Bokuto could speak anymore, a teammate from Bokuto approached the pair. "Bokuto-san, you're too loud," Akaashi said. "Oh, Aiya I haven't introduced him to you! This is Keiji Akaashi, a first-year and the setter in our team!" Laughing as he wrapped his arm around Akaashi.

"Sorry if Kotaru has caused any trouble for you." Aiya bowed at Bokuto's teammate. "No, it's fine." He assured. "If by any chance Kotaru goes through his emo phase, I have a list of what his weaknesses are so please remember it."

"Oi Aiya you can't be that serious!" "I never thought it would come to use but here you are." Aiya pulled out a little pamphlet she made with Bokuto's face on the cover and the title being, "37 Bokuto Weakness: A Guide To Understand The Simpleton Kotaru Bokuto".

"I think this would be handy when the time comes so thank you." Taking the pamphlet out of her hand. "No, I feel sorry that you are my cousin's friend, especially how you're his setter too," Aiya replied and Bokuto became upset.

"Ai-chan!" She turned around and saw the two familiar players wearing red coloured jerseys. "Tetsu-kun and oh my gosh Ken-kun!" She ran up to them. "Oh, it's Ai-chan." Kenma looked up from his gaming device.

"Ken-kun! you've grown a lot! Especially how you are an inch taller than me. Also, you dyed your hair too!" Kenma shyly pushed his hair behind his ears while averting his eyes.

"I just want to fit in..." But Aiya gave him a huge smack on the back. "You always fit in Ken-kun. There is no need to change your appearance right? And your gaming habits never changed by the looks of it." She chuckled and by that comment made Kenma feel warm.

As much as Kuro and Aiya were there for him (despite the one-year age gap), it was Aiya that helped him the most. Even though they were both awkward kids, she tried her best to lift up the mood. Since she never forced Kenma into things unlike(*cough cough*) Kuro.

"Looks like the rest of the school is here. We should start forming up before the coaches briefing." Kuroo interrupted. "You're right Tetsu-kun. Well, I hope you have fun this week Ken-kun." Patting his back.

"S-Sure..." Turning his attention back to his game.

From that point, it was an InTeReStInG summer training week.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

The day at Nationals was not a surprise for Shiritorizawa Academy being a powerhouse in Japan so they represented the Miyagi prefecture. As they entered the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, some teams were staring at them, swearing to themselves that they will defeat Shiritorizawa Academy.

Once they arrived at their resting area, Coach Washijo has said they should take it easy before their game. So what the players did was wander around the facility. After Aiya had spoken to Coach Washijo, Tendou walked up to her.