Conclusion

It's always nice to have a break. A training period where we are taught and tried before finally facing the battle front. This is the exact case with us in Ramadhan.

Truth of the matter is- Ramadhan is just our training period. Our true journey starts after Ramadhan. Our firmness and steadfastness in deen will be reflected in the way we progress after this joyful month.

Will we fly high, making best use of the skills and resources we have acquired over the month, resisting and overcoming the problems and hurdles that come our way.. or, will we back down after the euphoria settles, back to where we began, rolling with the flow?

Allah is Ever living, Al Hayy. He does not die. The lord we worshipped in Ramadhan is the same lord we worship throughout the year. So, let us not make a distinction and be grateful for His infinite favours that he never fails to bestow on us generously.

While we conclude this month, let's make a firm intention to keep striving and struggling to worship Allah better than what we have done so far; for no amount of effort is worth even one ounce of mercy He has shown us.

Now, how to conclude this month?
Let's dive into Surah Nasr. A Surah that was revealed when Prophet SA conquered Makkah after years of toil and struggle in the path of Allah; in a moment when he had finally won and overcome his toughest challenge, rising high on the peak of success. A situation similar to that of us when we shall stand after concluding Ramadhan with flying colours, our hearts full of gratitude to Allah for having made it to the end of this joyful month successfully.

Allah says,
إِذَا جَآءَ نَصۡرُ ٱللَّهِ وَٱلۡفَتۡحُ. وَرَأَيۡتَ ٱلنَّاسَ يَدۡخُلُونَ فِي دِينِ ٱللَّهِ أَفۡوَاجٗا. فَسَبِّحۡ بِحَمۡدِ رَبِّكَ وَٱسۡتَغۡفِرۡهُۚ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ تَوَّابَۢا

When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest, And you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes; Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance.
-Surah An Nasr, Ayah 1-3

Two things are mentioned here-
Exalt Allah with praise (فسبح)
Why? Because He is the one who enabled us to do what we did in the first place. He is the one deserving of all praise. He is Al Hameed, the praiseworthy.

Seek Allah's forgiveness (واستغفر)
Why? Because no matter what we have done, at the end of the day, it is deficient. We are full of shortcomings, so is our actions. We can only hope that Allah accepts it out of His mercy and generosity.

It was narrated from some of the salaf that they used to pray to Allaah for six months that they would live until Ramadhan, then they would pray for five months afterwards that He would accept it from them. 

This reminds us that we humans are finite creatures. No matter what we do, it can never be enough. We ought to humble ourselves before Allah, lest Shaythan sneak pride in us and make us of the boastful.

رَبَّنَآ أَفۡرِغۡ عَلَيۡنَا صَبۡرٗا وَثَبِّتۡ أَقۡدَامَنَا وَٱنصُرۡنَا عَلَى ٱلۡقَوۡمِ ٱلۡكَٰفِرِينَ

Our Lord, pour upon us patience and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people.
-Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayah 250

This dua for firmness needs to be reiterated, time and again, asking Allah to grant us His aid. After all,

َمَا تَوۡفِيقِيٓ إِلَّا بِٱللَّهِۚ عَلَيۡهِ تَوَكَّلۡتُ وَإِلَيۡهِ أُنِيبُ

My success is not but through Allah. Upon him I have relied, and to Him I return.
-Surah Hud, Ayah 88