Chapter 33.

It's been too quiet lately; sure, the hostile gazes are still aimed at me, following me almost everywhere, but except that, nothing out of ordinary happened. I was nervous, & anxious because of it. 

 Anyhow, I realized I hadn't really asked about what happened on the day I was locked in that cabinet from Lucas, & Allan. Why they were looking for me... Lucas I had an idea. He probably thought saving me first would be the fastest way to make me open my heart, & the teachers, of course they would look for their student.

 So, what happened was... Elena told the teachers I didn't come to my dorm, & then... then what? Why would've Rhys looked for me? Elena knew that Rhys would somehow be there, but she didn't know what his reaction would be but what circumstances were they in? 

  I looked up from my food; 'Lucas, what happened on the day I was locked in the cabinet?'

'Ah...' both Lucas, & Allan stopped laughing. 

   'Well, we were called to the teacher's office that day, & they asked us if we knew anything about your disappearance-'

 'Rhys.'

'What?' Lucas stared at me, while Allan on the other hand quietly messed with his food with fork.

  'How was Rhys's reaction?'

'He was already with the teachers, but when I looked closely, he looked calm, & indifferent. I doubted that you were even classmates, much less be acquainted.' Allan answered me calmly; the smart boy, he had already caught onto what I was really asking about.

 'Hmm...' I frowned; So, that's why Elena had a lukewarm reaction. No, she hadn't seen what she wanted to see at all. If Rhys had started to act nervous, & rushed around, she would've at least confirmed that we were close. If he didn't look for me, & acted cold with indifference, she would've been fully satisfied, but he did neither of those. Why?The reason is simple, it's Rhys. He was actually called 'the villain' first, & he did seem to be that way since he got between Isabelle, and Lucas every time. He even tried to kill Lucas from the jealousy, & so, everyone hated him but one by one, by every chapter, more people loved him. Even if Elena said that we had truce for now, I can't be too careless. Who knows just what she's planning? 

 ...

 They keep sticking to me like a glue, how annoying-

I bumped into someone in the hallway; waah, I feel like I'm going to regret it if I look up right...

Serene dark green eyes met mine; 'Ah, the zombie,' I muttered out unconsciously, & I heard a chuckle. Behind him, another guy with curly brown pretty attractive looking guy was laughing. However, when I noticed another party on his right, I froze involuntarily; beautiful eyes darker than night sky, with purple tint,  small nose, flawless tanned skin, & peach blonde hair that would catch anyone's eyes. At first, I thought it was Isabelle at first but then realized it was 'he' instead when I noticed how handsome he looked. He looked, in fact better than Isabelle herself, & of course, Lucas, and Allan.

 'The senior versions of the freshmen trio?' I muttered, looking down; but more importantly...

'What? Is that how we're called?' the curly haired guy asked, & I took a step back, trying to hide my expression; It really didn't occur to me that Marcus would've come before his sister did.

 'Hey~ what's wrong?' he asked again, & I looked up, my eyes focusing on Marcus instantly but I didn't notice the blood-thirst emitting from my glare excessively. Sometimes, it came out just naturally. I quickly fixed it when I noticed though. So, I doubt he noticed but... I can't be sure about that either. His expression would reveal nothing, even if his own sister died in front of him, he wouldn't have a hint of change in his expressions he suppressed so greatly, even assassins would be proud. Yes, assassin. He's like one.

  But I'm not. I can't hide it so well, because I'm not one. So, I better leave quickly before I reveal anything...

 '... goodbye,' I said , passing them with my hands clenched; one of the people who led to Rhys's death.

  'Huh. Do you know her...' I couldn't hear the rest as I was too far now.

Time flew fast. As I fooled around with Lucas, & Allan, acting completely charmed by them, exam days had started. I've never been around people, so only two of them were enough for me to distract me about my original goal, at least for so long.