FOUR | DREADED NEIGBORS - PJM;

pairings : park jimin x reader, kim namjoon x huna (oc)

extra characters : kim taehyung, byun baekhyun, lee minhyung (mark), wong xuxi (lucas).

au : arranged marriage!au, domestic!au, age-gap!au (7 years).

genre : angst, fluff.

if rolling your eyes into the back of your skull was possible, jimin would have done that a hundred times by now as byun baekhyun continued his presentation in the conference room.

after namjoon joined as the HR head, this was the second presentation they were having. both jimin and baekhyun's team were asked to present their suggestions for the new ideas presented by namjoon.

jimin couldn't really put his finger on what it exactly was but he just cannot stand baekhyun. maybe it's cause of the smug look on his face all the time, or the fact that he is an insufferable jerk who has sabotaged jimin's team multiple times before. he is not even subtle about it, he openly does things in front of jimin like hinting about his ideas to their boss or buttering up to them just to watch jimin suffer.

in the last presentation, baekhyun had really impressed namjoon. however of a smug jerk he is, jimin has to admit that baekhyun has better ideas but jimin's ideas are more practical and fit.

it was jimin's turn to present but he kept sitting in his seat, his one hand supporting his chin as he just stared at the blank screen pointlessly.

"mr park?" namjoon cleared his throat.

"huh?" jimin straightened up and realized it's his turn, "uh sorry, yes. good afternoon everyone," jimin started at once, his hand buttoning his blazer buttons, the other hand getting hold of the projector controller lying on the desk.

after jimin finished his presentation, namjoon stood up, "well that was the last presentation for the day. thank you to both the teams for the suggestions, i'll look into them and choose who's suggestions we'll be implementing. you'll be notified of the same within tomorrow."

everyone stood up and bowed, namjoon bowed back and exited the room. jimin walked out only to be greeted by baekhyun who was standing near the door of the conference room.

"so i heard that the new boss is your neighbor," baekhyun started.

jimin sighed rolling his eyes again, "listen. i don't have time for this, now if you'll excuse me, i've work to do."

jimin went to walk away but baekhyun blocked his way, "don't think you can take this project away from me, little jiminie. like always, my team will preside this project too."

jimin chose not to reply and walked to his office huffing in anger. he sat down in his seat and took out his phone to check his schedule when he noticed that you'd called him once and left three text messages. he didn't check the messages and directly went to call you.

he called you worried, "hey. are you okay?"

you whispered, "mhm, i'm in class. called to ask you if you could come home soon tonight," you held the mouthpiece of your earphones between your lips as you took down the notes the professor was writing on the blackboard.

jimin let a sigh of relief knowing that you're fine, "seriously, y/n? i was in a meeting. what if i hadn't put my phone on silent mode?"

you felt the daggers that he threw at you with his words and bit your lip embarrassed, "i'm sorry," before he could reply, you immediately cut the call.

jimin sighed covering his face, he shouldn't have done that. you're not supposed to remember his whole schedule everyday. he kept staring at his phone and thought of calling again but remembered you said you were in class so threw his phone on his desk with a thud. his body slacked on the office chair, as he rotated it slowly using his foot as leverage. he has never felt bad for talking harshly to someone before. hell, this is how he talks to his team all the time and honestly that's how he gets work done around here. now that he thinks of it, was he really that harsh? jimin grabbed his head in frustration, he doesn't have time to think about all this.