Part 6

It's been over a week since I last saw Xavier and Katrina and I couldn't be more thankful. I made such a complete fool of myself, what am I 6, what kind of an adult just runs away like that. Tiff and Cynthia laughed when I told them about Xavier owning this building, Tiff literally had soda coming out of her nose when I told them how I ran from him and his sister. What really bothered me though is that Tiff said I'm only making myself act like a fool because I like him. It's true, there is some level of attraction, well quite a large amount of attraction if I'm being honest. He's gorgeous, tall, perfect build; you know the kind where a man is fit but not jacked, you can tell he works out but isn't obsessed with it. Anyway the point is I don't like him, I don't like any man like that.

I'm currently on my way to meet with a new business client, when I sign them it will be the biggest contract I've gotten since starting with ABH marketing 3 years ago. I say when because I know I'm good at my job and I've never not signed a business. As I enter the upscale bistro my senses are automatically filled with the smell of garlic, although I won't be eating any at this meeting I start to salivate. I love garlic, who doesn't love garlic. Going over to the hostess I let her know table for two under ABH marketing, she politely smiles and ushers me to my seat. I was assuming I'd have about 10 minutes before the new client showed up but I was wrong. Sitting in front of me with a huge smile on their face was Katrina, what in the actual hell is going on here. She smiles, obviously noticing my surprise "Hey T, we established that I can call you T right?" "Ya ya of course". Oh no I'm off my game, I'm never off my game. "I know this is a business meeting T but we can be informal here, lets order something and then talk business".

Somehow Katrina convinced me to get food and I am so thankful for that, I can already taste the chicken cesar salad with extra garlic and I just handed the waiter my menu. "Okay so here's the deal, my boss has already stated that we'll be signing a 5 year marketing contract with you. He's seen the work that you've done with other real estate firms. Although they were smaller than ours, you helped increased their profits by 37% in the first year and the increases continued year over year." Katrina stated extremely business like, I was not expecting that. "I've brought over several proposals with me that you can take back to your boss, although I was expecting to meet with him today." I stated while handing the prepared proposals over to Katrina. She scanned over each proposal and finished just in time as the had just arrived. Before digging in she handed me a folder, "This is what we're offering you, the budget that we have for each year, as well as planned meetings for the first 6 months of your contract" Katrina said with a smile. "Let's eat, and you can look that over when we're done".

Over lunch Katrina and I talked about how much we both enjoy gardening, "Like I said before I miss my big house, I was able to grow some many different vegetables in the backyard there." she pouted, "you know there's a community garden like 5 blocks from our building, you can rent small plots there. I have 3 right now, I can put in a good word for you. The rent is pretty cheap and the soil is perfect.' "Shut the hell up, seriously? Yes yes yes T you are the best, I feel like you're literally saving my sanity right now." Whoa that was a bit aggressive but I'll go with it, she's not just a friend but a client now too. Well I guess the gatekeeper for my client which in all honesty is more important that the actual client themselves. If the gatekeeper doesn't like you, good luck ever getting a contract renewal. "I'll tell you what, I'm stopping by there this evening after work, you should come with me and we'll see if Sam has any spots available for you" I say with a smile. "Okay as long as we can get it done before 8, my hardass boss needs me to go with him to a meeting with a new client". "Alright, it's a deal". After our table was cleared of our empty dishes I pulled out the folder containing her companys proposal, this is the fun part now. I'll look over their proposal, we'll go back and forth over what I want and what they're offering, they'll attempt to lowball and I will of course get them to agree to a deal that is 10% lower than my initial proposal. I always go high in my proposals to leave room for movement and of course to let the client think that the final amount was their idea.