Part 13

Jesus take the wheel, this night is just beginning and the tension within this room is suffocating. Xavier makes eye contact with me and this motherfucker has the audacity to smirk at me, not a smile a fucking smirk. Although seeing that hoe Jasmine dangling off his arm has me seeing red, there's not a damn thing I can do....I pushed him away. So what do I do, being the grown ass woman that I am? I smile at him and nod as if accepting him being with Jasmine.

I look over at James and Marco to see how they're coping with our stupid ass sister bringing her stupid ass ex husband to this anniversary. Marco's already on the move, weaving his way through the crowd with his eyes locked on Roger. Although Marco rarely gets mad, when he does he's a monster and right now; he's out for blood.

Although I'd love to see Marco whoop Rogers ass I know we have to stop what's about to go down. As if reading my mind, my father and James both get up and jog over to Marco. With one of them on either side they calmly get him back to the head table.

"Marco have you lost your fucking mind, do you not understand the importance of this evening?" my mum asks, all while never breaking a smile as the guests look on.

"Ma, are we just suppose to let KK be with that goof? Do you really expect me to just let him walk around here and act like he's done nothing at all?" I can sense his anger increasing but to everyone aside from our family it appears that mother and son are simply having a loving conversation.

If there's one thing my family knows how to do, it's maintain our appearances when we're in front of higher class individuals and Marco almost fucked all of that up.

My mum has this smile that she does where she appears to be as sweet as apple pie but when you know her know her, it's what us kids call the smile of ass whoopings. Her teeth are barely visible and her usual plump lips are tightened, whenever this smile came out in public we knew we were getting our asses beat when we got home.

"I'm assuming you forgot the most important trait of Roger, he's a chain smoker. All you and your siblings have to do is keep calm until he goes outside and one by one you simply follow. I know for a fact that James still has his bat in his trunk from ball practice and Tamikas crazy ass always has some sort of weapon in her hoopty. For the love of God Tamika please get a new car."

"Uhh ma, you're giving Marco shit right now, not talking smack about my little baby. That car works just fine." I mutter and the whole table erupts in laughter. Wow great to know they can all chill out and roast my lil baby for a minute.

James is the first one to regain his composure "Sis, you drive around like you're broke, level up a bit"

"James knock it off, she told all of us that she would ride that thing until the wheels fall off. She's just like her father" my dad proudly states.

Now that all of us are a bit more relaxed and waiting for our moment to let our inner ghetto out my dad makes a quick speech to welcome the guests and precisely on cue the wait staff begins bringing out the meals.

Throughout dinner I can't help but steal glances at Xavier, the suit he's wearing is perfectly complimenting his muscular build. He seems to truly be enjoying himself with Jasmine, she even has Kat laughing and Kat doesn't find anyone but herself funny. I just have to keep reminding myself why I pushed him away and that why is sitting at the table in front of me. KK didn't even bother coming up to our table, instead her and Roger sat at the table right in front and if this man does not stop giving us that creepy ass smile, he'll be leaving with a lot less teeth tonight.

The night continues and after what feels like a million pictures I'm able to finally get away from the spotlight and grab a real drink from the bar. Odd yes because I typically don't drink but with the way the ight has started I definitely need one.