Soccer practice

After school...

I walk into the girls locker room and over to my locker. Inside, I grab my shorts, a T-shirt, and tennis shoes and set them on the bench. I go to lift up my shirt but hesitate. I realize I no longer feel comfortable changing in front of the girls.

I grab my clothes and walk into one of the bathroom stalls and change out of sight. Once I'm finished, I look in the mirror, slightly lifting up my shirt. I suck my stomach in aa best as I possibly can and turn over to see Andrea.

"How long have you been standing there?" I put my shirt down and let my self breath as I speak.

"Not long, were all heading out now." Andrea tells me.

"Alright." I respond.

We all run on to the field as coach yells at us.

"Lets go, lets go! Get a move on!"

We begin drills and when I'm up to kick I stumble.

"What in by the world was that Rose? Get to the back of the line!" Coach yells at me.

I dizzily walk over to the end of the line feeling lightheaded. It's probably because I didn't have anything to eat with the supplements.

"You okay? You never miss such an easy shot." Andrea asks me.

"Oh yeah, just felt a little lightheaded."

My eyelids begin to feel as if they weigh ten pounds then the air is knocked out of me. I can feel the cold hard ground against my back as my eyes flutter shut. I can hear everyone around me in a state of panic.
**************************************************
I begin to hear voices very faintly.

"It's bad Mr. and Mrs. Parker, she'll need to stay here for awhile." Followed by sobbing.

And once again, things go dark.
**************************************************
I pry open my eyes revealing what looks to be a hospital room with Elijah sitting beside me.

"Elijah?" I question trying to sit down but it hurts, so I rest my back against the bed.

"Rose? Your awake! What is wrong with you? Do you know how much you scared me?" At first his voice was filled with relief then with worry and panic.

"Why am I in the hospital?" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"You tell me Rose! Why would you keep this from me? You lied straight to my face, you said you where okay. Why would you do this to yourself. I was by your side and you didn't even talk to m-"

"You, you don't understand." I interrupt him.

"Tell me what I don't understand then! The fact that you starved your self for over two weeks? The fact that you started over pushing yourself too hard at soccer, the gym, and on runs? Or the fact that you took pills to loose even more weight? Do you even know how mad mom and dad are?" He rants.

I just-" he cuts me off before I can finish my sentence.

"Just what? Huh Rose? I was so worried. And now you have to stay in this hospital for god knows how long. Because you did this to yourself!"

"I wanted to be perfect." A tear strolled down my face and before it could roll off he wiped it away.

"I'm going to get the doctor she'll explain everything to you. Mom and dad have a bone to pick with you and I'd prefer not to be here when they do. I'll see you later Rose." Shaking his head as he walks out of the room. And alone he leaves me, laying on a hospital bed.