Chp. 3 ~The big day~

It was the night before I got my hybrid and I was feeling stressed. The next day was the big day, and I couldn't help but feel nervous. I'll be taking in a hybrid, all by myself. With no help. How could I not feel nervous and worried.

I got off my living room couch and made my way to my kitchen, wanting to get something to drink. The plan for tomorrow was to wake up early, do a bit of cleaning, take a shower then head to the shelter.

Once I was done my water I made my way to my room, wanting to get as much sleep as I could. And seeing that it was already 11:54 p.m. I would say it's an appropriate time to go to bed.

I closed my bedroom door behind me and made my way to my closet. Grabbing my pajamas, I quickly changed. I wanted to go to sleep as soon as possible, being so excited for the next day I didn't even know if I could fall asleep.

I set my alarm on my phone, wanting to be up early. I set my phone down after setting an alarm for the morning. Plugging my phone in to charge and turning off my lights. Soon after I fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up to my alarm, I was glad that it woke me up but at the same time, I still wanted to sleep. Well, that was until I remembered what day it was.

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed. I ripped my blanket off of me, ran to my closet and grabbed a pair of clothes along with underwear. I quickly made my way to my bathroom, setting my clothes on the sink I turned and started my shower. I quickly pulled off my pajamas that I was wearing along with my previous underwear, before finally getting in.

I let the warm water run down my body before washing my hair and body. Once I was done I got out, wrapping a towel around myself before using it and drying off.

I got dressed and made my way back to my room. I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

8:12 a.m.

"I still have plenty of time to clean the house and get some things ready." I mumbled to myself. I nod with determination, making my way to my living room. "Now where to start?"

It took an hour, but eventually I got my cleaning done. The apartment looking more tidy than before. I checked my phone for the time once again. "Perfect. It's nine. That means I can watch something and rest before heading out." I smiled and walked to my couch. With a relaxed sigh I begun watching my favorite show.

My phone binged with a message. I picked it up and looked at the time before going to the message.

Kelly😺
'I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm sorry :('

                                                        You-
'It's ok, I hope you can meet my hybrid soon!'

I sighed sadly, kind of disappointed that Kelly wasn't going to be joining me. "That's ok, I know she's busy." I made my way to my front door, putting my shoes on and grabbing my car keys.

I walked my way to my car, once there I opened the door and got in. I puy the keys in the ignition and started it up, Before finally driving to the shelter.

The drive didn't take too long, thankfully. Especially with traffic.

I got out my car. Making my way into the shelter building. "Hello! Welcome to 'Little angels', I'm Chrissy!" The girl behind the counter greeted me with a bright smile. She had light brown hair with hazel eyes. Her name sounded familiar to me, but I couldn't remember why. "Hello Chrissy! I'm Y/n," I smiled and greeted her back.