Two

Cesar's POV:
"Hey, I'm gonna head out." Monse tells me. "You just got here." I laugh. "It's been a few hours and it's kinda getting crazy here." She says. "No, stay. Everyone else can go." I grab her hand. I shoot up at the sky twice. "Everybody out now!" I yell and Monse looks scared. "What, don't like the new me?" I smirk. "It's just... different." She takes a step back. "Right, I forgot you never liked my brother so why the hell would you like me now that I have his power." I laugh. "What are you talking about?" She asks while people run past us. "You really don't know." I say and she shakes her head. "Oscar's gone. He left a while after you did and I did what everyone thought I would do." I explain. "So you're the new Spooky?" She asks. "Nah, I'm lil Spooky. I take care of shit that he wouldn't even go near. I'm not the new anyone." I can tell I'm freaking her out. "All that time we spent trying to protect you, it just means shit now?" Monse looks me up and down. "I was born to be where I am." I tell her. "Where does that leave the crew? Jasmine told me what happened." She crosses her arms. "What happened with the crew doesn't change our thing." I say. "Our thing? You have a girlfriend so whatever we had... it's over." Monse says. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah." She says and I can tell she's lying. "Ok." I shrug. "Ok?" Monse furrows her brow. "Every time we say it's over we always find each other." I laugh. "Not this time. I think we should just try and be friends." She sounds more genuine now. "Look me in the eye and tell me you don't miss hooking up in the backseat of my car." I smirk. "Believe it or not your car isn't that comfortable." Monse laughs. "Every time we snuck out during dinner, all your visits that you spent in my room." I whisper. "I don't miss it." She walks away. "That's too bad 'cause I do." I tell her. "You said it yourself, you have a girlfriend. If you just want someone to sleep with maybe don't ask the girl who's heartbeats with yours." She gets in my face and I kiss her again but she pulls back. "You remembered." I smile. "Yeah but you obviously don't have a heart anymore. If you did you wouldn't be acting like such a jack ass right now." Monse pushes me back. "I'm not acting like anything!" I yell. "That's even worse." She scoffs. "We both know this is where I'm supposed to be. It's where I was always gonna end up." I say. "No... it isn't." She looks at my lips for a few seconds and I know what she's thinking. "Listen, maybe you should-" Now she's the one cutting me off. "Shut up." Monse kisses me like she did the day she came home from camp. "My room." I mumble into the kiss and she nods her head. I pick her up by the back of her thighs and we pass a few people who were dumb enough to stay. "Get out before I have to come back and drag you out." I threaten them while Monse kisses my neck. "Your parties never end early. We're just trying to finish what we started." Manny laughs before he keeps smoking. "I'm with my hyna so if I gotta put her down to deal with you." I say and he gets up. I don't wait for them to get out and I keep walking to my room. "So I'm you're hyna now?" Monse laughs. "You could be." I drop her on my bed and take off my shirt. "It's been way too long." She smiles when I get on top of her. I watch her smile fade when she sees my tattoo. "Hey, I guess you were wrong when you said I don't have a heart." I try and lighten the mood. Monse shakes her head and kisses me again. "I know I was wrong." She rolls us over so she's on top. "Six months is too long." Monse says while she pulls off her shirt. "You didn't sleep with anyone else?" I ask her. "I went to an all girls boarding school and when I was back home you kept me busy." She rolls her eyes. "Good to know." I smirk. "Still possessive?" She laughs. "No. I just like keeping you to myself." I move a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "So yeah, you're still possessive." She laughs. "I missed you." Monse says. "I missed you too." I say before she kisses me again.
*** Later ***
"I met Kiara. I see why they call her Bubblez. She's really... happy." Monse says. "No. Don't do that." I shake my head. I squeeze the side of Monse's thigh and lean my forehead on hers. "When I'm with you, I'm just with you." I tell her. "So this isn't a one time thing?" Monse asks. "I hope not." I smile. "If we're gonna do this we have to be smart about it." She hasn't changed. "I know. No one has to find out." I nod. "Yeah, just like freshman year?" Monse laughs. "Hey, that was different. Now if anyone wants to get at you I can handle it." I assure her. "Ok but this has to be about sex and nothing else. We can't go back and forth again." Monse explains. "I don't think we can ever just be about sex." I admit. "Then this can't happen again." She's saying it like it's that simple. "Whatever you want." I nod. "So you're not even gonna try?" She crosses her arms. "I already told you, Monse. We always go back to each other. I waited this long and I can wait all over again." I explain. "Not this time." She gets up and picks up her clothes off the floor. "You want it to just be about sex? Fine, it's just sex." I stand up, grab her face and kiss her. "Prove it." Monse says against my lips. I'm still in love with her and I don't know what she feels but this definitely isn't just sex. We're too complicated to do anything that easy.