Three

Monse's POV:
I'm finally back in my own bed but right when I close my eyes the door swings open. "I was looking for you! Why didn't you answer my texts last night? I thought something-" Jasmine cuts herself off. "You didn't." She glares at me. "What?" I laugh. "You hooked up with Cesar!" Jasmine yells. "Shh!" I hiss. "It didn't mean anything." I tell her and she crosses her arms. "Yesterday you wanted him back and now it meant nothing." She says. "Right now all I know is we had fun." I shrug. "What about his girlfriend?" She asks. "What about being on my side." I snap back. "You're gonna get hurt." Jasmine sits with me on my bed. "He wouldn't hurt me." I tell Jasmine. "Yeah like he didn't hurt you when he slept with that girl from the Joint? Or how about when he kissed Olivia?" Jasmine reminds me. "I just want things to go back to the way they were before I left." I say. "Ruby told me what happened with Cuchillos... Monse, nothing's ever gonna be the same." She tells me calmly. "And you're ok with that?" I ask. "No but that doesn't change what happened." Jasmine says. "Well I'm not giving up." I shrug. "We all moved on." She says. "We need each other." I remind her. "What happened at boarding school?" Jasmine asks. "Nothing." I furrow my brow. "So why are you back? We didn't hear from you for six months... everyone just thought you moved on too." I can't believe she's asking me about this right now. "Well I didn't. You're coming to dinner tonight and bring Ruby." I say. "You really think that's a good idea." She asks. "We're spending this summer together whether they like it or not." I cross my arms. "Tell me the truth about what happened last night and I'll get Jamal here too." She says and I give in. "I still love him." I sigh. "Knew it." Jasmine smiles. "So what are you gonna do about it?" She asks. "I don't know yet. He's a totally different person and I've done somethings since I left so, for now, it's just sex. I don't think we can handle anything more than that." I answer. "You know, whatever happened, you can tell me." Jasmine says seriously. "I know but first I want to get the crew back together so whatever crazy plan you have to get them here, go ahead and do it." I smile. "It's not a crazy plan. I'm just gonna call them." She shrugs. "You still have their numbers?!" I ask. "Everyone needs a little Jasmine in their life. We don't talk that much but I was there for him after both of his breakups." She explains. "Both of them? Who'd he'd date after Kendra?" I ask and her eyes get wide. "I think fims is contagious." She says. Yeah Jasmine's definitely been talking to Jamal lately.

Cesar's POV:
"Do you really have to go tonight? I thought now that Monse was back maybe we could start spending Saturdays together again." Bubblez says while she lays on my chest. "Monty did a lot for me when I really needed it." I play with her hair. "I know but I just don't want Monse getting the wrong idea." She shrugs. "We're just friends." I laugh. "Old habits die hard." Bubblez says. "I still let you see Jamal." I remind her. "We work together, it's not the same thing." She sits up. "You don't have to work there but you do and I don't have to go eat at Monty's but I do." I tell her. "Monse's eyes lit up when I told her you talk about her all the time." Bubblez explains. "And what about that look Jamal gets every time I drop you off? He's still in love with you, baby." I say. "At least someone is." She shakes her head slowly. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask her. "It's been weeks since I told you I loved you but you haven't even acknowledged it." Bubblez tells me. "I'm late but we can talk when I get back." I stand up throw on a shirt and leave. I pull up at Monse's and I just wanna take her into her room and spend all night there. "What the fuck?" I say under my breath when I see Jasmine, Ruby and Jamal's cars.
"Hey." I break the silence. Monse looks over at me and smiles. "Of course you invited him." Jamal laughs. "I told her parent trapping you guys wouldn't work." Monty says from the kitchen. "Why are they here?" I ask Monse. "You're the one who fucked everything up, why are you here?" Ruby gets up from the couch and starts to get in my face but Jasmine stops him. "Shut the fuck up. He didn't do shit to you." Jamal yells. "You're defending him?" Jasmine laughs. "Nah, I'm just reminding Ruby that they both screwed me over!" He explains. "It's not my fault Bubblez didn't wanna be with you." I snap. "Her name is Kiara." Jamal pushes me back. I can see the fear in his eyes when he realizes what he did. "That was before she decided being a Santo was better than whatever the hell you were giving her!" I remind him. "Guys!" Monse screams and we all look at her. "I don't know what happened after I left but this isn't us." She says. "You don't know who the hell we are anymore." Ruby looks like he's ready to punch someone. "Don't talk to her like that. She's trying but what the hell would you know about that?" I laugh. "I left 'cause I saw who you really were." He looks me up and down. "Yeah and who the hell am I?" I laugh. "You're Spooky. You've always been just like him! We just didn't wanna see it until it was too late.." He says seriously. "I'm out." Jamal walks away. "Me too... come on Jasmine." Ruby says and she follows. "Sorry." She tells Monse. "Thanks for trying." I kiss her cheek and walk out.

*** 3:00 am ***
Jasmine's POV:
"Hey guys you need to come over... I found out why Monse's back." I tell the guys over the phone.